Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Glowplugboy Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 05:06 AM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Glowplugboy Fuel

This post was placed in another group - I thought I would list it here since GPB fuels are one of the few sources for 1/2A fuel with known contents.

Hello, my name is Steve, This is not an ad for fuel sales but an update to let former customers of Mike McGraw and Glowplugboy fuel, it will be back in production.

Moderators if this post is out of line please remove it.

I was a friend of Mike and flew with him at JSCRCC for a good year, where we became friends. I have flown rc for the past 25 years off and on and blended my own rc fuels. I would occasionally buy supplies from Mike and pick his brain on blending of which he was generous with information, not only about fuel but the business. I ended up purchasing Mikes fuel and supplies inventory and blend formulas together with the website and glowplugboy name last week.

I plan in the next few weeks to get the website up and have some 1/2a fuel blended to Mikes specifications.
My goal is to offer the same quality and customer service Mike offered if not better. I understand I am not Mike and will have to earn trust and build reputation based upon my product. Having the glowplugboy name on it will ensure it is to his formulas and specifications using the exact brand and quality of raw materials he used in his fuel.

I soon will be offering some free samples for former customers in return for feedback to me on performance and quality before I begin to sell fuel. I have no mixed fuel left from Mike to compare and haven't flown 1/2A since the 70's.

Thanks!
Steve.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:11 AM
paulgibeault

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Glowplugboy Fuel

With great sadness, Mike of glowplug Boy fuels recently passed away after suffering a heart attack.
His fine product & sevice with be sorely missed as it was a one man endeavor.
Condolensces to Mike's wife.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:19 AM
gene6029

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry to hear about Mikes passing. I still have several un opened bottles of Mikes fuels that i keep in a cool dark closet, for when i get the need for running my old engines. Steve,I'll definately give you a shot when i'm ready for my next batch of fuel.......Gene
Old 06-28-2013, 07:32 AM
VUgearhead
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone has direct contact with Steve, who picked up Glowplugboy, please ask him to post here when he is back up and running.

In the meantime, can some of you post what type of fuel you are currently using and where/how you get it?

Can anyone comment on the hummingbird fuel from Arcticfuel that's currently selling on Fleabay?

TIA
Old 06-28-2013, 08:37 AM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: VUgearhead

In the meantime, can some of you post what type of fuel you are currently using and where/how you get it?
I've been using Morgan's Sidewinder Pro car fuel from Tower Hobbies. This is available in 20% N/10% O and 30% N/10% O. I mix these two blends together with Klotz BeNol (racing castor) added to give the following mix:

22.5% nitro
21.25% oil - 16.9% is castor, 4.35% is synthetic for a 20/80 syn/castor ratio
Old 06-29-2013, 09:25 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: VUgearhead

.......... can some of you post what type of fuel you are currently using and where/how you get it?

Can anyone comment on the hummingbird fuel from Arcticfuel that's currently selling on Fleabay?

TIA
If you have race tracks in your area you also might have methanol / nitro dealers who will sell 5 gallon quantities. Then all you need is to have some Klotz Oil and Sig Castor mail ordered to you. The racing fuel dealer might also have Klotz, but find out first what it costs if you source it yourself.