Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
 Random thought before the long weekend. >

Random thought before the long weekend.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Random thought before the long weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random thought before the long weekend.

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression". Once you're around RCU long enough, you'll realize that the people who are kind and honestly try to help are the ones that end up getting good honest info from the other members. You will also notice that it's generally the same select few people that always end up getting in flame wars. What do those people get for their efforts? They attract others just like them and end up getting in to these long, drawn out "name calling sessions" that take away from the quality of the board.

Honestly people, if you don't like a post somebody puts up or you think it's a stupid question, hit the back button and move on. It's that simple. Nobody comes here because they want to be called "stupid" or because they want to be belittled by others. the only stupid question is a question not asked. What may be common sense to you may not be to others. Don't hold it against them for not knowing something you know. This is supposed to be fun. Lets make an effort to keep it that way.

Just a thought.

Oh yeah, just so nobody sticks it to me for putting this in the MT section. How about that XTM Mammoth! Looks like a real performer.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:01 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Random thought before the long weekend.

Well said.

But if you're gonna key on propriety, maybe you should change your screen name,

DagASS

Old 11-26-2003, 04:03 PM

That's classic!
Old 11-26-2003, 04:06 PM

Alright Dagass - Keeping it real - Ditto on the Well said.

Have you thought about trying some MT tyres on your Hyper 7?

Other day was talking to a guy on a different message board - there are a few specific to the UK - He liked how the Kyosho bugger performed, but he is a MT man at heart. And we all know how much you get invested in the high end Kyosho's so he did not want to get rid of it. He put some different body mounts and changed the tyres and took off the splash guards. He has a high jump/flying MT now. It can take a real beating, from experience you know how well those buggies can take a hard beating. It looked nice as well.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:13 PM

Study,

I've been toying with the 'truggy" idea but I'm getting all setup for racing. I should have an H7 Pro in the not too distant future so I'll definitely go truggy with the PBS just for a laugh when the new ride comes in.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:18 PM

I am waiting until new PCR Pro kit comes out before I make mu decision on which Pro kit to get. I can't wait.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:19 PM

Dagass, you have made a very good point, and it needs to be read by everyone. I hope this thread registers to everyone. I have 'sticky'ed this to the top of the forum, so it will be easier to access.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:59 PM

yes, you make a VERY good point. Since im 14 people sortove make fun of me because I misspell a work are to or I use a little improper grammer. and because sometimes I would but a l in savage and people will keep going and going. and here I am giving advice to a whole buch of people with my posts and half the posts they post were yelling at other people. So i strongly beleive what you said! Thanx for makeing that great point!
Old 11-26-2003, 06:52 PM

Rusty,

Don't sweat it! We all mis-spell a word or two every now and again or what were thinking doesn't quite come out right. It happens to everybody.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:56 PM

All I ask is you stop using "are" for "or"!!! It's drivng me nuts... hehehehehehehe
Old 11-26-2003, 11:07 PM

I'm honest, but sometimes I'm not very nice about it. I will try harder
Old 11-27-2003, 06:26 AM

I miss spell also - I hate using the spell check because it gives me errors and junk. I have a lot of the scripting stuff turned off on my browser - so I hate seeing the errors popup. So don't use it. Just a thought.
Old 11-27-2003, 09:48 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Everyone mis-spells words, thats not the problem Rusty. The problem is when you use the wrong word! Go back and re-read your post and tell me what the heck your trying to say!!! We all know your 14, but where I come from most 14 yr olds can write a complete sentence using proper grammar. In my opinion you will continue to have problems with responses until you can communicate better.

To expand on what Degass said, I wish people would stop offering advice on topics they obviously know nothing about. If you've never owned a particular truck DON'T comment on it! If you have something constructive to say about something you have EXPERIENCE with by all means share it with us. Before I get off my soap box, I'd like to wish everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-27-2003, 10:16 AM

Hey Razoo,

I too have read thru a lot of Rustys posts and while there are some errors in his grammar, it's still easy enough to figure out what he's asking. Unfortunately, he's taken an un necessary beating from others for what reason? Because people know they are going to get a rise out of him by pointing out his mistakes. There is a right way and a wrong way to correct people and far too often, people choose the wrong way. I know it's easier (and probably more fun) to respond with witty comments, but the fact is that we our not here to be his English teacher. Im sure over time, he will get a better handle on his writing skills but until then, maybe we can all realize that were here to trade RC related information and not to make personal attacks on people we don't know (not that your post is an attack by any means).

As for the original reason behind my post, I'm constantly amazed at how passionate people are about their particular brand of RC. The T-maxx Vs. Savage is almost as legendary as Ford Vs. Chevy. All these flame wars begin because people feel the need to "one up" eachother. To be a diehard Associated fan is ok, to think that everything else is junk compared to Associated is just plain ignorant! Is it really that big of a deal if somebody doesn't like the RC you drive? Probably not. If the worst thing that happens to me today is that somebody tells me my PBS is a piece of junk, then I'm definitely doing ok.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:06 PM

what about DODGE ?
Old 11-27-2003, 12:47 PM

lol don't even start on the Chevy/Ford/Dodge problem. I think if all manufactures combined to make one truck it would be awesome. Chevy motor and drivetrain, Ford interior, and Dodge body designs. Man that would be one nice truck. Ha. Anyways I do agree with Dagass.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:50 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Well stated Degass, I'm kinda partial to Toyotas myself.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:51 PM

LMAO!
Old 11-27-2003, 05:33 PM

Rusty and dagass we all miss spell words its not because we are stupid its because this is a forum. Wa are writt\ing quik and trying to quickly get our point accross. Usually the guys who mention it are trying to flame on you because you made a point he couldnt contend with assesment you made about one truck being better than the next.
Old 11-28-2003, 05:18 PM

yes rusty your not the only one i get bashed about it all the time im 15 the people that do this are just immuture or looking for a fight ignor them or block them by pressing the traffic light and degass i agree whole hartedly
Old 11-28-2003, 06:41 PM

you say chevy motor and all i have to say it --HEMI--
Old 11-28-2003, 08:24 PM

Yea the Hemi is a bulletproof engine. But dodge drivetrain blows and they have had alot of transmission problems.
Old 11-29-2003, 06:46 PM

My 2003 Dodge has 22k on it already and I've had no problems... A little klunky when it's cold though...
Old 11-29-2003, 08:25 PM

ok guys - say what you have to say - i think that everyone has had time to read and comment in this thread, so i am gonna move it to the recycling bin tomorrow night.
Old 11-29-2003, 10:32 PM
My Feedback: (16)

dagass....I enjoyed your posts in the past....and still do. How are you my friend?

CMO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.