Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

FMA Cellpro 4S Lipo Charger (call for all users)

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

FMA Cellpro 4S Lipo Charger (call for all users)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 10:28 AM
scheibler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FMA Cellpro 4S Lipo Charger (call for all users)

thanks red...this seals the deal for me between the fma cellpro and hyperion.

btw, when buying a maxamps battery to be charged on the cellpro, all I have to do is buy the cellpro adapter from maxamps or do I have to buy a new adapter for the cellpro?
Old 11-08-2007, 11:22 AM
rjb63

ORIGINAL: scheibler.

... btw, when buying a maxamps battery to be charged on the cellpro, all I have to do is buy the cellpro adapter from maxamps or do I have to buy a new adapter for the cellpro?
I just checked on the FMA Direct website and did not see "Maxamps" listed as a supported battery. I would call the sales number (800.343.2934) or, perhaps even better, the Tech/Service number (301.668.4280): Someone there should be able to tell you if Maxamps batteries are supported and which CellPro adapter you would need.

Good luck. BTW I think the CellPro 4S charger works very well.

Ray
Learning something new everyday
Old 11-10-2007, 07:30 PM
airstik2003

what is the voltage of a a123 single cell fully charged?

thanks
Old 11-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: 38

what is the voltage of a a123 single cell fully charged?

thanks

3.3-3.6
Old 11-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Khatsalano

Ah! On sale now? Too late... but I still love this thing. You can order MaxAmps batteries with any type of connector btw... I just ordered mine with Thunder Power taps because that's my standard plug for all my power systems even though I don't own a single TP battery or charger. I am still using my CellPro in the field all the time and at home. The 3.0C charge rate makes it so I can stay in the air all day with a portable 12V big batt ... by the time I land one battery, the other one is already full!

- K
Old 11-10-2007, 11:57 PM
rjb63

ORIGINAL: Khatsalano

Ah! On sale now? Too late... but I still love this thing. You can order MaxAmps batteries with any type of connector btw... I just ordered mine with Thunder Power taps because that's my standard plug for all my power systems even though I don't own a single TP battery or charger. I am still using my CellPro in the field all the time and at home. The 3.0C charge rate makes it so I can stay in the air all day with a portable 12V big batt ... by the time I land one battery, the other one is already full!

- K
I learn something new again: I did not know one could order batteries other types of connectors. Thanks for the information.

Ray
Old 11-11-2007, 08:33 AM
airstik2003

thanks
Old 11-11-2007, 01:23 PM
scheibler

so when ordering a maxamps battery I just have to order the cellpro adapter? I haven't seen where you acutally plug in the adapter to the charger...
Old 11-12-2007, 01:02 PM
willyjay

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

If you don't have your CellPro yet, they are on sale now for $60. Use Promo Code SP111507 when you order. This price good until Nov 15th.

I'm attempting to buy one today, however, I cannot find where to input the Promo Code above to get the sale price.....

How/where do I go about purchasing the 4s at the sale price?

Thanks for the help!
Old 11-12-2007, 01:25 PM
rjb63

ORIGINAL: scheibler

so when ordering a maxamps battery I just have to order the cellpro adapter? I haven't seen where you acutally plug in the adapter to the charger...
According to the poster "Khatsalano" he says that he orders his maxamps batteries with ThunderPower taps. CellPro makes a specific adapter for TP (it works with 2S, 3S, 4S packs and there are different plugs/taps for 3S and 4S). THe adapter has a male CellPro plug that fits directly into the CellPro 4S charger and the battery plugs into the adapter. (I am familiar with this system as I use TP batteries and use the adapter.)

IF maxamps can provide the CellPro tap/plug for their batteries it would seem that you would require no adapter at all. The CellPro plug on the battery would fit directly into the CellPro 4S charger.

Ray
Old 02-09-2008, 01:44 PM
kbreese

ORIGINAL: rjb63

ORIGINAL: scheibler

According to the poster "Khatsalano" he says that he orders his maxamps batteries with ThunderPower taps. CellPro makes a specific adapter for TP (it works with 2S, 3S, 4S packs and there are different plugs/taps for 3S and 4S). THe adapter has a male CellPro plug that fits directly into the CellPro 4S charger and the battery plugs into the adapter. (I am familiar with this system as I use TP batteries and use the adapter.)

IF maxamps can provide the CellPro tap/plug for their batteries it would seem that you would require no adapter at all. The CellPro plug on the battery would fit directly into the CellPro 4S charger.

Ray
Maxamps does provide a Cellpro tabs option on their batteries (See the tab drop down menu's on any of their lipo batteries), so no Adapter is needed.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:00 PM
FLPilot
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: willyjay

If you don't have your CellPro yet, they are on sale now for $60. Use Promo Code SP111507 when you order. This price good until Nov 15th.

I'm attempting to buy one today, however, I cannot find where to input the Promo Code above to get the sale price.....

Thanks for the help!
Put the code in the miscellaneous text box. They will send you an invoice via email with the new invoice amount.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:54 PM
tdrnmartin
My Feedback: (2)

I would like to offer up a bad customer service experience I had with FMA before you make up your mind to deal with FMA. I recently tried to purchase a smaller 1350mAh 3S pack after I received an e-mil message about a lipo discount sale. I made the purchase by placing the discount code in the comments section of the order form as instructed. I verified and proceeded to checkout. You are informed that the initial receipt from the purchase will show full price and the discount code will be applied by the salesperson when the web order is processed. I received an email notice of the purchase a day later and notice that the discount wasn't applied. I promptly contacted FMA by e-mail that my discount was missing. FMA responded very quickly and politely that the code wasn't on the original order and that they could not refund the difference. Instead, a credit would be posted in my account, should I make a future purchase. This didn't sit too well with me, so I decided that I would return the pack. They had already shipped the pack, (They are quick) so I was forced to return the pack after receiving it, which I've done. A few days have passed since then and I decided that I really wanted to give FMA another chance to make things right, so I e-mail all the contact email addresses from their web site and explained what has transpired. I requested that they sell me the original pack I had tried to purchase and that they pick up the shipping. That seems fair to me. The response from FMA was that they are asked for refunds all the time for all kinds of reasons and that this particular case looked to be partly my fault. They did acknowledge that they may be able to better integrate the discounts into the web order process and would look into it. I was then offered the pack at the discount and at half the shipping cost. That offer felt have hearted to me and I declined it. Please keep in mind that everyone I had contact with at FMA was very friendly and quick to respond. I have no issues with anyone there personally. As a matter of fact, I have a 6s charger and several 1250mAh 3S packs from FMA, as well as a few of their voltage cutoff devices for the older ECS that can't handle lipos. The do sell good products. As I see it, the problem is their customer service policies. Based on my experence, I wonder how they would handle other issues, like a warrenty repair. I share this as food for thought before you do business with FMA.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:49 PM
richard2046

Here is another experience, I have a cell pro 4S, forget to order the pigtail at the same time, so order the pigtail. I specified 3 days mail option only to found out they only charge me the basic postage, it's 10 days now and I'm still waiting for even any feed back from FMA.

Why didn't they include a pigtail with their charger, it's only $1.99 and any one get the charger can use it immediately.
Why they didn't follow user's request for faster delivery, anyway user agree to pay extra postage cost.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:42 PM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: FLPilot

Thanks for the help!
Put the code in the miscellaneous text box. They will send you an invoice via email with the new invoice amount.
are you implying that u can still get the sale price???
Old 02-17-2008, 04:08 PM
rjb63

ORIGINAL: wildnloose

ORIGINAL: FLPilot

Thanks for the help!
are you implying that u can still get the sale price???
Wildnloose -

The poster actually responded on 2/9/2008 to a post dated 11/12/2007. His intentions were good, but it was about 3 months too late. The sale was over 11/15/2007 according to Red S's post.

Ray
Old 02-17-2008, 04:13 PM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks for clarifying...