Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

newb cant tune lol help

Im new to all of this.. i recently purchased a traxxas revo 3.3.. read the manuel front to back went through the break in period but on the 5thtankof the break in period ..all went wrong.. i had not changed any settings between tanks... but all a sudden high idle, wants to roll away at idle, hard to start, and running hot... lsn is adjusted so that when the fuel clamp is applied to shut the motor off in 3 seconds.. steady blue smoke trail under full throttle... un burned fuel is coming through the exhaust.. to rich i know.. so i turn the hsn 1/8 turn clockwise then it will not idle just shuts off.. also adjusted the idle down to a reasonable idle.. run it and when it comes to a stop after running it high again.. if i turn it down more wont run... so lost..plz help

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: newb cant tune lol help

Sounds too lean on the LSN but also ensure the throttle is returning properly and the idle screw is setting the minimum gap..
    There are many tuning guides on the internet...there is a little piece at the top of this forum section- http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5517128/tm.htm
    Get the engine running for a few minutes to warm it, then tune the HSN with wide open throttle runs...then the LSN with acceleration tests...as you adjust the LSN the idle speed will change so adjust that as you go. Always run it a little richer than optimum and it will probably be easier if you reset the needles back to factory settings before trying to tune it.
    When I die, I want to go in my sleep like my grandfather,not screaming
    like the passengers in his car at the time.