Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

RCU Forum Contest

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 09:31 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RCU Forum Contest

Why has the contest thread been locked with an apparent refusal to announce which entry won?
Old 05-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Lightfoot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCU Forum Contest

Back last year when this contest ran, I got this email:

Congratulations Lightfoot!

You are the chosen winner for the RCU/RCT October Caption Contest! Steve the owner of ROC Batteries selected you as the best caption out of 300+ submissions. I have notified the moderators of the winners and they should be announcing in the forums shortly. In the meantime we would love to get your contact information so that we can mail you the $150 gift card for ROC Batteries products. Please contact me directly at [email protected]. Congratulations again, great work!

Sincerely,

Stefanie Torrez
RCU Marketing Manager
(714) 420-6824
I sent the information and didn't hear anything for a few weeks so I sent a PM but still no response. A few weeks later, I sent another PM. Again, there was no response. After six months, I think it is safe that there will be no prize given for this contest.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:57 AM
jleblanc
My Feedback: (17)

I had an issue with an contest on here as well. It wasnt' related to yours but it was through this site.  I had to contact the manufacturer of the product I won due to the person in this forum representing them didn't respond to me.. But in the end they honored my winnings and even went beyond what I won and hooked me up big time...  This kinda thing happening takes all the excitement of you actually winning something..SUCKS
Old 05-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Lightfoot

I won't be entering any more contests on here if it is just a scam to get more traffic. Obviously the prizes are not awarded.