Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

PLease HELP!!

Old 06-20-2013, 04:25 PM
mrekimf
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLease HELP!!

I don't know where to post this?I really could use some help with this, I know its old but its my only toy!It's a E-Flite Blade CX, yes the original.Ok, I am irritated now! Havent flown this in over 3 years. So I ordered a new battery and some new blades. Got them today, charged the battery, put it in and turn on remote and man the thing started wigging out! Started spinning off and on high speed then low then little twitches, servo's wigging out to?So anyone have any ideas why? Its FM transmitter, so is it possible getting interference from something? Or is it cause the battery is a 900mAh instead of original 800mAh?And doesn't respond to the remote.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: PLease HELP!!

Did you remember to let the heli set still and level after you plugged the battery in so the gyro stabilises?
Old 06-20-2013, 06:53 PM
mrekimf

ORIGINAL: Big Alice

Did you remember to let the heli set still and level after you plugged the battery in so the gyro stabilises?
No I did not. How long do I let it sit?Someone told me possible 4 in 1 mixer could be bad? But I don't know.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:27 PM
mrekimf

Well I let it sit a while, the red led is suppose to turn green. It will turn Green, then flashing Red, then steady red, then back to green, flashing green. It doesn't stay green or red very long keeps bouncing around in colors, and while that's going, servos and blades are going crazy! So you think the 4 in 1 is shot? If so, I guess I am screwed cause I cant find one anywhere online.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:00 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I think they were about 50 bucks new.  I'd just get something like this and fly one and use the other for parts. Or watch ebay. you see them once in a while.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/blade-cx-Rtf...b#ht_220wt_815
Old 06-23-2013, 02:49 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

Don't move the heli for about 5 seconds after plugging in the battery. 

Also, always turn on the transmitter first, then plug in the heli battery. When done flying, it's the reverse; unplug the heli battery, then shut off the transmitter. 
Old 06-23-2013, 03:20 PM
mrekimf

Does anyone think I could be having radio wave interference? It is a FM transmitter.What things could cause interference?
Old 06-23-2013, 04:55 PM
eddieC

Does anyone think I could be having radio wave interference? It is a FM transmitter.What things could cause interference? 

Unlikely, unless someone else is nearby (about 1/2-mile) on your frequency. Radios don't go bonkers just from setting around. Are the transmitter batteries fresh? Are you sure it's the right radio & freq?  

Another device emitting RF, like a lawn mower, string trimmer, ham operator using illegal power amplifiers, etc., could cause interference. Cell phones, especially when ringing or ending calls, have been known to interfere with 2.4Ghz RC radios. Is there any possibility your receiver got wet at some point, or has been dropped?
Old 06-23-2013, 05:04 PM
mrekimf

ORIGINAL: eddieC

Unlikely, unless someone else is nearby (about 1/2-mile) on your frequency. Radios don't go bonkers just from setting around. Are the transmitter batteries fresh? Are you sure it's the right radio & freq?

Another device emitting RF, like a lawn mower, string trimmer, ham operator using illegal power amplifiers, etc., could cause interference. Cell phones, especially when ringing or ending calls, have been known to interfere with 2.4Ghz RC radios. Is there any possibility your receiver got wet at some point, or has been dropped?
Hmm, I was told by others, such things like Microwaves and other appliances, could interfere with the frequency?Batteries are new, and battery meter shows strong also, It is right radio and freq cause its all I have. There wasn't any lawnmowers or weed wackers going on at the time.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:11 PM
eddieC

Hmm, I was told by others, such things like Microwaves and other appliances, could interfere with the frequency?

That's correct, I was only giving a few examples. Was ANYTHING else running nearby? Your neighbor's microwave wouldn't cause interference, you'd have to be on top of the source. 
Old 06-23-2013, 06:22 PM
mrekimf

Hmm, I was told by others, such things like Microwaves and other appliances, could interfere with the frequency?

That's correct, I was only giving a few examples. Was ANYTHING else running nearby? Your neighbor's microwave wouldn't cause interference, you'd have to be on top of the source.
My neighbors are at least couple hundred feet away. As far as I know there wasn't anything running. I have tried several times at different times of day, and same thing happens. Only thing I can think of is our Wifi, but don't know if that matters, and xbox.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:38 PM
eddieC

Only things I can imagine is your transmitter or receiver has been damaged somehow. If the servos are jumping, they are receiving some kind of signal. Try shutting off the transmitter and note if the behavior changes. Do the motors run, and rotors spin?
Old 06-23-2013, 07:18 PM
mrekimf

Here is a short video of what its doing.http://youtu.be/sXJsqt_gp1c
Old 06-23-2013, 08:11 PM
eddieC

Odd behavior for sure. 
Is the antenna on the heli secure? They're fragile. 
Tap on the 4-in-1 unit with a pencil eraser to see if things jump. Beyond that, I'd send it in or have an LHS check it out. 
Old 06-23-2013, 08:30 PM
mrekimf

Odd behavior for sure.
Is the antenna on the heli secure? They're fragile.
Tap on the 4-in-1 unit with a pencil eraser to see if things jump. Beyond that, I'd send it in or have an LHS check it out.
Dont think its cost efficent to send in,since they dont even make it anymore and hard to get psrts for. But i will check antenna tomorrow.
And what is LHS?

Old 06-23-2013, 08:52 PM
eddieC

Local hobby shop.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:19 AM
yellowufo

Never mind
Old 06-24-2013, 05:06 PM
ssautter

The Blade CX2 was my first heli!

The receiver is not getting any signal.
Check your crystals, check your antennas, check your wiring.

Yes, I still fly megahertz radios, and I see the same thing happen when I forget to turn my transmitter on first....
Old 06-24-2013, 05:15 PM
mrekimf

ORIGINAL: ssautter

The Blade CX2 was my first heli!

Check your crystals, check your antennas, check your wiring.

Yes, I still fly megahertz radios, and I see the same thing happen when I forget to turn my transmitter on first....
You think its possible crystals are bad? anyway to test them?Or is it possible the 4in1 mixer is bad?I don't know would like to get it working.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:25 PM
eddieC

If it weren't getting any signal, the servos wouldn't jump around. It's not getting a good signal, or not decoding it properly. 

Sometimes a light tap on the receiver or trans will reveal some signs. 
Old 06-24-2013, 06:49 PM
mrekimf

If it weren't getting any signal, the servos wouldn't jump around. It's not getting a good signal, or not decoding it properly.

I've tapped all I can tap.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:25 AM
4Stroker
My Feedback: (33)

Have you checked all your connections, i.e. servos and anything else that plugs in? If the heli has been sitting for three years things might have come loose or there might be some corrosion. You could try unplugging and plugging a few times to make sure everything is making good contact. Good luck!
Old 06-26-2013, 04:05 PM
ssautter

FM radios don't "decode" a signal. "Modulation" is the word.

And, many older systems don't incorporate failsafe, to return servos to a preset position.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:44 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Have you considered calling Blade support? Yes, it's an old product, but their tech guys are pretty good. I wouldn't expect warranty parts to be shipped for free, but you may be surprised how quickly they can solve your problem and how accommodating they may be on getting you running again.