Notices
Digital Video (DV) & Video Editing Software Discuss the use of digital video which we use to show our rc stuff off on the web. Talk about products, editing software, tips, ratings, rendering to the web, etc

Video Editing

Old 05-23-2006, 09:28 AM
mobflier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video Editing

Is there any inexpensive video editing software that anyone uses? I have a VHS-C camcorder that I would like to edit on my computer for cutting, and editing as well as using music with video, and then re-recording it on to another VHS. Any response as to how you do it wouuld be appreciated.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:46 AM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Video Editing

Windows movie maker is free, but you'll have to have a converter to get the analog signal into a digital signal, or the computer will not recognize it. Then, after editing, it will have to be converted from digital back into analog and recorded on a VHS tape. DVD and digital camcorders are much easier!
Old 05-23-2006, 10:17 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the ATI All In One video card series. Versatile, not too expensive, and easy to use. I've always got mine ready to capture.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:25 PM
mobflier

Any idea on how much the converter to get the analog signal into a digital signal costs?
Thanks
Old 05-23-2006, 01:54 PM
DebianDog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mobflier

Any idea on how much the converter to get the analog signal into a digital signal costs?
Thanks
About as much as a cheap Digital Camcorder If you buy a good digital camcorder for home that has RCA jacks (or adapters) you can use the new camcorder and an analog passthru to the computer. I have done it with VHS tapes in the past. As an added bonus you will not care about your old junky analog camera anymore and it takes the pressure of wreaking it.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:05 AM
kapsula

I like Premier but ie costs a lot.
2 simple edition in my opinion presentavid is really not bad. fast enough and easy to deal with.
luck-)

Old 09-05-2006, 01:43 AM
blankbird

yes, [link=http://www.presentavid.com/PresentaVid]presentavid[/link] is the best for simple home video editing
Old 07-09-2013, 01:10 AM
JohnMur

To convert VHS to DVD I use Rescue your Videotapes, it's simple and comes with all the hardware/software you need.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:45 AM
fishycomics

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so with all these software titles, I use magix 2013 today, I also have adobe premere 11, and cyberlink pd 11. I always go back to the one I find easiest to use that is magix, look for a sale 30.00 or even free...

its been since may 2013, and unsure how older posts are more present to this, you must have purchased, or can final your post, let us know your outcome