Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade 400 / DX6i / Swash Type?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade 400 / DX6i / Swash Type?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Pilotwoody

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade 400 / DX6i / Swash Type?

Hello
I have a Blade 400, haven't flown it yet. Using the Dx6i with a sim first (ClearView) to try and save a bit of cash.
Anyway, when I use the Sim and DX6i, with the DX6i model set to the default Blade 400 setup, nothing flies. Crash before getting off the ground.
I didn't think much of it at first, I thought it was something unique about the Blade setup that other helis dont like.
I just added a new Heli model to the DX6i with the default Heli settings, and everything in the Sim flies fine.
I have figured out that the difference is the Swash Type, Blade 400 is set to 120, and the default is set to 90.
With the Blade 400 setting, if you "Monitor" the control inputs, when Throttle is increased I also get Elivator and Aileron movement. I think this is why the Sim helis just crash when I use the Blade setting.
Now I'm thinking of firing up the real Blade 400, but I would like to undersatnd this first.
Can anyone tell me why the Blade 400 DX6i setting won't work with the helis in the Sim?
It looks as though the setting (Swash Type = 120) is correct for the Blade 400, but surely all those other helis can't be different?
Thanks
Nubee guy
Old 03-28-2008, 12:24 PM
evdreamer

Default RE: Blade 400 / DX6i / Monitor function?

The reason you are seeing the elevator and aileron move is because the throttle stick also controls the pitch. So all three servos move up or down with throttle input.

Nick
Old 03-28-2008, 01:10 PM
Druss

Default RE: Blade 400 / DX6i / Monitor function?

sounds like some of the swash mixes are screwed up and you're getting negative pitch in the sim.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:05 PM
gnd2

Default RE: Blade 400 / DX6i / Swash Type?

ORIGINAL: Pilotwoody
Can anyone tell me why the Blade 400 DX6i setting won't work with the helis in the Sim?
It looks as though the setting (Swash Type = 120) is correct for the Blade 400, but surely all those other helis can't be different?
Thanks
Nubee guy
It's not that all those other helis are different, it's that the sim doesn't model 120* ECCPM. When you use your transmitter with the sim, it's basically working as a joystick, sending aileron and elevator function commands to the sim. When you use it with the real helicopter, your transmitter is sending 120* CCPM mixed servo commands, not elevator and aileron functions, so the swash mix has to be set up different between sim and real heli.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Pilotwoody

Default RE: Blade 400 / DX6i / Swash Type?

Ah, thanks very much! I appreciate everyone's help.
The Sim can't deal with the CCPM 120, it can only handle the 90 swash plate, hense no swash mixing.
I'll check that one off the list.

Thanks everyone.
Will