Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Pylon Racing
Reload this Page >

EF-1 at the 2013 US NATS

Notices
Electric Pylon Racing Discuss all aspects of electric pylon racing here.

EF-1 at the 2013 US NATS

Old 05-29-2013, 11:26 AM
kane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EF-1 at the 2013 US NATS

The NATS registration deadline is just around the corner. If you wish to avoid the late fees please enter for the NATS before June 14th. After the 14th, you will be charged a late fee.

Registration for EF-1 should be done via the UN-OFFICIAL entry form:

http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/2...ialentryfm.pdf

Entry fee is $25.00 E-F1 will be flown on Monday, July 15th.

DK

Updated the link.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:26 PM
jstaff

Default RE: EF-1 at the 2013 US NATS

Dan this address is not working.

JS
Old 06-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Dave Yost

Dan,

I have registered for EF1 at the NATS and have a few questions.   I tried revive my NMPRA user account but can't seem to make it work, so I will post here:

1. I will have two E Flight Shoestrings entered(one primary, one back up) .  When do they do tech inspection? I am driving from San Diego and will get to Muncie late Saturday Night.

2. Both of airplanes I am entering have been recovered/painted.  Both of them are about a 1/16th too narrow at the widest point (they came that way).  Will this be a show stopper?  This is a provisional event, will there be go/no go templates......

3. When and where are they going to judge the airplanes for best of show?

4.  The rules say to receive the best of show award, the airplane must fly in three rounds at the NATS.  (The Judging is Sunday?) Crazy question: If you mid-air in the first heat and get the back up airplane out, are you then not eligible?

My brother and I have been on again/off again racers for years.....We just wanted to experience the NATS and we figured EF1 would be the way to do it.  He is driving from NC to call for me.....We can't wait!

Thanks, Dave

Old 06-07-2013, 11:38 AM
kane

Dave,

Glad you can make it.

#1: Tech inspection will be at the pylon site on Sunday. Scale has the field until about 1:30 and then it is ours to use. However, I plan on getting to the field around 11:00 and I will start inspection when I arrive. Both Jerry Small and I will be doing the Tech Inspection.

#2: We will have a go/no-go gauge. This is a simple fix, put a small pc of wood or plastic between the cowl and the fuselage right at the mounting screws and you will make the proper width. I will have some of these filler parts available if needed. And NO this is not a show stopper at all!

#3: Best of Show will be judged at the same sight starting at 5:30 pm.

#4: Good question, yes you are still eligible since your intention was to compete. IF you willingly switch to a different airplane that is a completely different story.

I would check the NMPRA website for additional details. And please send either Lonnie or I an email and we will work on your NMPRA account access.

Regards,

Dan

Old 06-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Dave Yost

Thanks Dan,

Raced at Sepulveda this weekend.   Had a blast!

Anybody out there in SoCal that is "on the fence" about trying EF1,  Show up for the Race at Whittier in October.  Not intimidating at all and great fun! 

Cheers Dave

Old 07-23-2013, 09:46 AM
edwal07

West Alabama Aero Modelers in Tuscaloosa Alabama is hosting a Club 40 race and EF-1 race combined.  Anyone in the area is welcome to come and join us.  It will be on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th of August.  Friday is arrival and practice day for everyone.  We have a nice facility with a grass runway which we plan on mowing short enough for the EF-1 guys.
  The event is posted in Model Aviation.  We are located at 6655 Watermelon Road, Tuscaloosa Alabama.  Please visit our website at www.waam.us for location information.
You may contact me at: [email protected] or 205-249-9907 (please leave a msg if I don't answer)
Thank
Ed Waldrop
President WAAM