Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Need help with DX6i switches please

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Need help with DX6i switches please

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 04:06 AM
Soloflyer77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with DX6i switches please

<hr size="1" />
Hi everyone,
I just bought my first 3D capable plane today. Being a new/intermediate flyer I'm just hoping to fly it in Genaral flight mode for a while. The plane is a Parkzone VisionAire AS3X and I'm using a Spektrum DX6i transmitter that I also just bought. So far I've set all of the Dual Rates and Expos, set servo travels to 125%, sub trims to neutral all as per instructions in manual. The problem that I have is that it says to enable/ and I assume disable 3D flight mode using the 5/aux switch. As there is no switch labeled thus can anyone familiar with the Dx6i please help me. Thanks heaps.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Need help with DX6i switches please

Did you try the gear switch?
Old 08-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Hawk131

Are you talking about your high and low rates?
Old 08-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

No he's talking about the flight modes I believe. The newer AS3X systems have variable flight modes, I know on the Apprentice, it has beginner, intermediate, and experienced settings. Each one allows the user a little more freedom of control. Like in the beginner mode, it won't let you bank excessively or some other maneuver that could easily get out of control.

On the RTF versions it's controlled by a 3 way switch on the tx. You can also adapt the AS3X system so you can use one of the Spektrum tx's, like the 6i, 7, 9, and so on.

The problem with the 6i is that it has no 3 way switch on channel 5. So when you program the system, you can only opt to use 2 of the three modes.

So in the OP's situation, I looks like he will have to choose between 3D mode and one other, when he sets it up, then it's just a matter of flipping the switch to the other mode he chooses, and that in turn shuts off the 3D mode.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:00 AM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

By default, Channel 5 is the gear switch, and Aux(channel 6) is the flap switch.