Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

toro 51940 carb conversions

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 07:49 PM
LEROY DOZOIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default toro 51940 carb conversions

i have a toro 25cc motor that i need to find a useful carb for that has hi/lo needles for a rc boat.

the engine ID is a 51940 and it came with a trippy rotary carb that seems nonadjustable... the motor has 2 ports on the flywheel side and the pull cord side, im honestly not sure what they do

this project will be marine related only but it seems many guys put weedeaters in planes compared to boats, so i figure it wont hurt to aske here!

thankyou guys for the help, its greatly appreciated

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=3
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=2
Old 07-13-2013, 04:35 AM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: toro 51940 carb conversions

Unfortunately we aren't able to see your pics.
Look for a carb that fits a Zenoah 26cc gas engine and you'll have it,
Depending on if they got weirdor not with the carb, you might have to fabricate a adapter for it to fit the engine.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:36 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

For those of us not on Facebook, we cannot view your photos. Either use a host like Photobucket or upload them directly to the forum. The link is under the text box of the reply window to the right. "Upload images and files".
Old 07-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Scota4570

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the rotary carb has two inlets your your options are limited. They make a type of induction system where the mixture charge is enveloped by plain air. You can't put a regular carb on those. Well, actually you can but it will run poorly. The idle mixture may be ajustable by a needle in the barrel of the rotary part of the carb. It will be in the middle of the butterfly. IT may not help much. The over all mixture can be ajusted by altering pop off lever height. I have never goteen one to run to my satisfaction after hours of fiddling around. Sorry.

Post a picture here, so we can see what you have. Lots of folks, including me, refuse to have anything to do with facebook; or most of the modern hand held dialed in world. But that is another conversation.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:16 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Facebook is a very, very clever device to gather info on people and create a huge database on everyone. No, I won't participate either.

AV8TOR
Old 07-14-2013, 11:47 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

My wife gives me a hard time all the time that I won't join Facebook. I'm a partial non-conformist if you will.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:11 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually have a facebook account, but I simply never did anything with it. Some websites wanted one to have a facebook account for various reasons.