Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
 Corona Tail Rotor Control >

Corona Tail Rotor Control

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Corona Tail Rotor Control

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 01:18 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corona Tail Rotor Control

I just bought a Corona 120 and have flown it a few times so far. I am having a problem with the rudder servo. I center it and it keeps moving out of adjustment on me during flight. I've read where cold weathe could affect the gyro, I live in NE PA and it's been in the 30's. Could this be the problem or could it just be a gyro adjustment problem.
Old 12-24-2004, 03:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Corona Tail Rotor Control

Electronic gyros are temperature sensitive. I always let my model get adjusted to the new environment for about ten to fifteen minutes before flying. I have also noticed that when I fly my Corona with the canopy on, near the end of my session, the tail wants to drift a little. This is because the heat generated from the motor, ESC and batteries are warming the gyro. Also if you are using a HH gyro remember that you will need to be sure all rudder mixes, servo centering and trims are at zero. Because when an HH gyro initializes it sees the current stick position as neutral. If you turn on the gyro with everything neutral on the Tx and then apply some amount of trim, the gyro thinks you are holding the stick that way and slowly turns the rudder in that direction. Hope this helps.