Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Flybarless Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Trex dfc swash help ?

Community
Search
Notices
Flybarless Helicopters Discuss flybarless rotor head systems for all helicopters right here.

Trex dfc swash help ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 02:45 PM
kingairpilot200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trex dfc swash help ?

Hi. I am converting 1 year old fbl trex 450 to dfc. Quick question. My new dfc swash plate is really tight on new dfc mast. Wont slide. Other fbl swash fits fine. New dfc fits old v2 mast. Any ideas ?
Old 07-10-2013, 01:42 AM
ronlund

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trex dfc swash help ?

Chuck the shaft up in a drill and polish it with 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper. A drop or two of oil will make things go faster. Check often and stop as soon as it starts to slide freely. Clean the shaft before sliding the swashplate on. You don't want any grit between the swashplate and the shaft. Concentrate on the area that the swashplate will be moving up and down and try to stay away from the end that the headblock mounts to.
You can finish up with 1200 grit if you want to, but it isn't vital. Put a good coat of clean oil on it before installing.

It won't take long. I like the fact that Align is using tight tolerances. In the long run, it's a good thing.