Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

SUPER SKYBOLT KIT engine question

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

SUPER SKYBOLT KIT engine question

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 09:43 PM
Dauntae

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default SUPER SKYBOLT KIT engine question

Today I acquired a built Super Skybolt kit in great shape needing gear and engine, I have a old TT 91 to put in and plenty of gear BUT I have no plans and will be needing a new cowl but what I need off the plans and is lacking from the book is how far the prop hub is supposed to be from the fire wall, The instructions say to get it off the plans and I have no plans so if any of you have a old set around I would really appreciate this info. I'll get a few pics of this cool plane in the next few days, Used to fly with the old owner and he gave up the hobby and sold off most of his gear and it was given to me today, Can't wait to get this bird flying again.

Dauntae
Old 05-30-2012, 06:38 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: SUPER SKYBOLT KIT engine question

If it's the Great Planes Super Skybolt, you can order the instruction manual and plans from here:

[email protected]
Old 05-30-2012, 08:25 PM
brenthampton79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which kit is it? I have both the gp and the sig kit, I'll look at my plans tomorrow night and let you know
Old 05-30-2012, 09:12 PM
Dauntae

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I downloaded the GP instructions and looking at the kit it looks to be the GP kit, The instructions told me to look at the plans for the engine mounting however LOL. Thanks. I really appreciate the help.

Dauntae

A few quick cell phone pics, It's dirty and a little beat up but still flyable, Have not decided if I'll just do some patch work or a recover but could fly it as is, Just need to get a few missing push rods and the cowl.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:01 AM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup, that looks like the GP version I had. The Sig 'bolt was a bit smaller at 51" span vs 57" for the Great Planes.

Figure D6 on page 60 of the manual shows 6 1/32" from firewall to face of the thrust washer. As long as you are close to that, you'll be fine.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/gpm/gpma0170-manual.pdf