Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 Turbine start novelty >

Turbine start novelty

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Turbine start novelty

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbine start novelty

Hi guys

I' like to introduce my last develop about Kerosene start.

I' m fond of turbine sound since I saw the Jpx propane for the first time.

Departing from 1995 I spent all my free time to find out new solutions, able to simplify and to make more realistic the microturbine used in jet model.

In particular I always worked on electronic and slight mechanical turbine modifications to improve the starting process, that was the most difficult part in turbine manage.

The first real progress was reached at the end of 2003 with the introduction of Kerosene start. This development doesn't required any mechanical turbine modification!

I love to simplify the use and construction, and not to make it more difficult. This novelty made me feel very proud, when it was introducted at world wide level from turbine factory.

Departing from that year I started to think new solutions to make turbine more simple and realistic.

In 2007 I started to project a new ECU with semicircular Pcb able to be located inside the frontal case of the turbine

About 15 prototype has been using over 15 different kinds of turbine from me and friends of mine

But the real novelty was tested in this days. It needs only one valve, and turbine starts as the bigger one, in particular the kerosene injection departs from
"Maximum motoring Rpm" with astonished realism.

My previous philosophy start, consisted of a pre-warmer combustion chamber trought the external or inside kerosene burner

I enclose a short video with photos of my laboratory and these days turbine start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8I8Dz2DE-U

I'd like to underline that this is not my work, but it is only great passion for turbine sound!

For this reason the Ecu and accessories are not on sale, because they would required a great amount of time that I haven't.

Thanks to all

Santino

Old 09-12-2011, 11:45 PM

Default RE: Turbine start novelty

i have seen all santino project and all are a superb work....!!

christian
Old 09-12-2011, 11:47 PM

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8I8Dz2DE-U[/link]

the correct link
Old 09-13-2011, 04:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is quite impressive to hear the flame light only when the engine reaches idle RPM, with just a slight increase in rpm, which is the normalized back to idle by the electronics.
Does this have any other advantage, other than the obvious added scale realism and quicker startup time? Could it help increasing the lifespan of the engine, by decreasing thermal shock caused by startup?

I suppose, possibly, this could even evolve into a workable restarting system in case of a flameout in-flight, that would be just marvelous
<br type="_moz" />