Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

After four months in

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 04:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default After four months in

After four months in the hobby, I've learned....</p>

1. I still love "wrenching" as much as running.There is something therapeutic about working on these little cars.

2. Traxxas is a controversial topic. While I don't own one (yet), I don't see them as the evil empire some do.

3. My Exceed Forza (aka The Professor) still drives me nuts!

4. There is a LOT to suspension, droop, camber, etc. I am a computer engineer, and even I find this other type of engineering challenging - but I will get there with trial and error - and with your assistance. ;-)

5. I am in awe how durable the OFNA Hyper 7 is (and that **** can move, too).

6. Heat guns/hair dryers really do work on nitro engines. It can be the difference between 30 pulls vs

7. The Losi 810 is still my favorite vehicle to drive.

8. I have a LAUNDRY LIST of vehicles I plan to get, from the Nitro 4-Tec to the Savage X 4.6 to the AE RC8.2.

9. I love after-run oil (and can see a difference in how engines start if I forget to put some in).

10. I don't get the whole ST craze, but then again have not driven one so will just leave it at that.</p>

***Bonus bullet point***
11. This is still and expensive-***** hobby.

***Double-secret bonus bullet point***
12. My son and I really enjoycreating videosfor our YouTube channel to help newbies like us. For me, it's much more fun that creating videos on the differences between SQL nner-joins and out-joins. ;-)

History
After two months I learned....
After three months I learned....</p>
Old 04-29-2012, 05:53 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: After four months in

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

After four months in the hobby, I've learned....</p>

1. I still love ''wrenching'' as much as running. There is something therapeutic about working on these little cars.

2. Traxxas is a controversial topic. While I don't own one (yet), I don't see them as the evil empire some do.

3. My Exceed Forza (aka The Professor) still drives me nuts!

4. There is a LOT to suspension, droop, camber, etc. I am a computer engineer, and even I find this other type of engineering challenging - but I will get there with trial and error - and with your assistance. ;-)

5. I am in awe how durable the OFNA Hyper 7 is (and that **** can move, too).

6. Heat guns/hair dryers really do work on nitro engines. It can be the difference between 30 pulls vs

7. The Losi 810 is still my favorite vehicle to drive.

8. I have a LAUNDRY LIST of vehicles I plan to get, from the Nitro 4-Tec to the Savage X 4.6 to the AE RC8.2.

9. I love after-run oil (and can see a difference in how engines start if I forget to put some in).

10. I don't get the whole ST craze, but then again have not driven one so will just leave it at that.</p>

***Bonus bullet point***
11. This is still and expensive-***** hobby.

***Double-secret bonus bullet point***
12. My son and I really enjoy creating videos for our YouTube channel to help newbies like us. For me, it's much more fun that creating videos on the differences between SQL nner-joins and out-joins. ;-)

History
After two months I learned....
After three months I learned.... </p>
Evil empires kinda stretching it. Most just disagree with their pricing, over done speed figures on their box's, and inability to sell rollers for reasonable prices. They sell some decent RC's but IMO they cost way more than similar RC's from other brands for what you get. For example the XL-5's they sell for $185 you can get a comparable ECX for $130 (which some people say are more durable than the traxxas ones)