Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

ORIGINAL: HeliStyle

well I just ordered a honey bee king 2, for cheap 130 shipped, im going to upgrade it with brushless, my budget is low and I promised my wife I wouldnt go any higher on the price
Just stay away from the E-Sky brushless ESC's. I have heard a lot of horror stories of them lighting on fire and burning the LiPo and helicopter.

Nick
Old 07-07-2008, 11:52 PM

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Nick,

I got bored with the forums, so I went on the sim, and was playing with the .90 nitro 3D heli...what a blast!

Then, I picked the Helimax CP.... I'll tell you what, if my CPP flew that well, I'd never get rid of it!! LOL I was having a blast with that thing as well...

You know what's funny? A few months ago, I found the Helimax CP on the sim almost impossible to fly....so I guess I am making progress!

Just a bit of my boring night....counting the hours and minutes until the box arrives...LOL

Glenn
Glenn,

I should get my parts by the time you get your Gaui 200.

I fly a 90 helicopter on my sim, but I think real life is easier. I have tried adjusting the pitch and throttle curves, but it still doesn't have enough power to do moves and isn't as smooth as real life. But it is good to learn orientations and foward flight. Good to hear you had fun on the sim.

I sometimes fly the Blade CP on the sim and it flys great too. It flys like it has a belt.

Cool to hear you are progressing.

I assume the forums were a little slow tonight? Because my day is pretty boring when they are and if the weather is bad. I would count down the time too if something cool like that was coming.

Hope you can fly tomorrow.

Nick
Old 07-08-2008, 06:02 PM
My Feedback: (2)

well, I ordered the honeybee king 2 last night, but checked my email and they are on backorder, so I canceled my order and im just going to wait alittle while before I order another heli, just going to research for awhile, but I did order an adjustable flybar by helitech for more forward flight and to prevent blade clack
Old 07-08-2008, 08:47 PM

Heli,

Wow, that is crazy...on backorder? That is too bad...

Well, it will give you some more time to think about it..and maybe to raise some more cash...

I still would like to see you get a bigger heli, like a Belt CP...but if it's not in the budget, what can you do?

Good luck with the new flybar!

Did you do any flying with the CX2 lately?

Glenn
Old 07-08-2008, 08:57 PM

Nick,

Sounds cool on your parts...I didn't get the Gaui today. I'll say one thing, USPS tracking leaves alot to be desired! All it has told me so far is that it was picked up at Jupiter, FL at 4:45 yesterday.

I guess I got spoiled by the UPS tracking on the Quark. I could just about watch it come right to the door online! And when it was delivered, it was that exact moment!

That is too bad on your sim....next time you are at the LHS or somewhere where there is Realflight G4, try the Dominion .90 3D....that thing is unreal! The amount of power it has is unbelievable! I have never flown a .90 nitro, but it seems like it is pretty realistic from videos and what not that I have seen...

Well, I wisely chose to mow the lawn tonight, and various other chores, because they will NOT get done once the Gaui gets here, that is for sure!! LOL

I tried to go fly the Quark, I was too tired to try the B400, and the wind was calm when I left....and got to the flying place, and a storm or something whipped up a bunch of wind. I flew it for a few minutes. It doesn't like too much wind...I could fly it, but it was getting pretty pushed around. So I gave up.

I am going to recheck the tracking and see if there is any updates...

Glenn
Old 07-08-2008, 09:04 PM

yeah I have been having bad luck with ordering heli's the past two days, im just going to wait a bit, fly the cx2 and just research on stuff before I order something
Old 07-08-2008, 09:10 PM

Heli,

Sounds like a plan...

There is no big rush anyways...

Have fun with the CX2 in the meantime!

I should be getting the Gaui tomorrow, I can't wait!

I am hoping I can at least get it to be ready for some very easy hovering by the weekend, we'll see...

Glenn
Old 07-08-2008, 11:10 PM

Glenn,

My video of me doing funnels is almost done uploading. I couldn't get my longer one on since it would go over my limit for the week. But I did a pretty good one at the end.

I have heard a lot of people not like the tracking system of USPS. Me included. I love that UPS is very up to date. I checked my order from USPS last night and it still was from when Helidirect sent it.

I have flown the G4 at my LHS and think it is very realistic, but I thought FSOne was better when I got it. But when I got the simulator I still couldn't fly.

I had to do a lot of chores today also. I only got one flight in.

Nick
Old 07-08-2008, 11:13 PM

If you ever decide to get a RTF Belt CP I will be glad to help out if you need it. And there are plenty of people on the E-Flite forums that have HBK2 so if you need help with that you can get it.

Nick
Old 07-08-2008, 11:20 PM

Here is the video of me doing circles and funnels part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b06-qFxjTYo
Here is the video of me doing funnels part 2. http://www.vimeo.com/1306887

Nick
Old 07-09-2008, 01:32 PM

Glenn,

My parts came today. I hope you get your Gaui 200 soon.

Nick
Old 07-09-2008, 06:45 PM

my cp pro is up to 61 dollars and I have a day left on it, not to bad
Old 07-09-2008, 07:34 PM

That isn't too bad. Least you are getting a good portion of your money back.

Nick
Old 07-09-2008, 08:35 PM

yeah not to bad at all, and extra money towards a new heli, I can't wait to get my new shortened flybar for the cx2 and so how it performs with that. Hows everyone else's flying coming along I wonder if rotarydoc got his gaui 200 today
Old 07-09-2008, 08:52 PM

Have fun with the new flybar coming. Did you get to fly today?

I wonder if Glenn is building/setting up the Gaui 200. I have seen him on here a few times today.

In between practicing funnels I tried to do a figure 8 doing funnels for the turns. On one side the nose is pointing up then in the middle I flip the nose down and do a funnel that way. It doesn't look very good, but it is something interesting to do.

Nick
Old 07-09-2008, 08:57 PM

nah I haven't flown in a couple of days only because I have been waiting on a flybar, I was going to buy the stock one, but I spent 5 more dollars and got a carbon fiber, shortened flybar by heliteck. Yeah I bet hes setting it up and such, I wish I could do that kinda stuff, eventually hopefully i can do 3d stuff. All I know is my next heli is a honeybee king 2 or the belt cp, im on a strict budget, because I don't want to piss off my wife lol I have been thinking of selling my brushless mini-t
Old 07-09-2008, 09:12 PM

Hey Heli, Nick,

The Guai is HERE!! I wasn't sure, the USPS tracking is really, really bad...

It came while I was at work, I was nervous that it would be left on the doorstep, but it had a signature confirmation from Readyhobby, and fortunately, my neighbor was home and signed for it.

I got it all unpacked, and have been looking it over. This little thing is a work of mechanical art!! Unbelievable quality, and attention to details on this micro bird! All the carbon fiber and CNC aluminum look fantastic!!

I got to take a good look at it, and started to check things out...I have found a few loose screws here and there, but that is all I can find wrong so far. I took the blade grips off for a look, and it looks like mine are fine. I have been loctiting all the metal to metal screws I can find.

I have nothing but praise for Readyhobby, nothing was on backorder, everything came in perfect, and great packing job, and they threw in some goodies, a cup insulator and a foam airplane with Readyheli logo on them.

I was also impressed with the spare parts, the expensive small parts come in little hard plastic boxes, with this cushioning padding to prevent damage to the parts!

So I have taken about 40 pictures of the rotor head, tail gearbox, and anything else you can think of, for reference later on...and I started a log book for it as well, to keep track of everything I do to it, flights, etc.

Here's some pics!

Nick, I still need to check out your videos!

Glenn

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13837.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	987143   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19393.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	987144   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di98830.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	987145  
Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 PM

Sorry to hear you haven't been flying in awhile. You should be happy with the HBK2 or Belt CP. A lot of people like them. You will be able to do 3D someday if you put your mind to it. I keep finding that practicing the four upright orientations will take you a long way in this hobby.

Nick
Old 07-09-2008, 09:34 PM

Glenn,

Your helicopter looks very good. Try to take some pictures when all the electronics are in it and everything is set up. And I would like to hear your review on how it flys.

That is good you checked it over before you fly. It is the safe way to have a helicopter with no suprises.

Is it similar in size to the CX2 or Quark?

Cool to hear about your experience with ReadyHeli and the free goodies you got. That is going to be the next place I shop from.

That is fine you haven't seen my videos yet. I can understand you have a lot of very cool stuff going on right now.

I went flying out at 9 P.M. and it was kind of bright out, maybe because a storm is coming. Anyways it got dark pretty quick and I got to see how bright the lights are on the AR6200. Then I noticed that my satellite receiver was blinking. Not a good sign. It looks like I had a brownout sometime, but the new firmware did its job and the helicopter is in one piece. I didn't even notice any problems until I saw the light was blinking. I am wondering if it is the way I placed the electronics or if my servos are starting to require more current with the stuff I am doing. But sometimes my lights will start to blink when I double check that the main leads are tight. It might be time for me to look for an external BEC.

Have fun with the Gaui 200 build.

Nick
Old 07-09-2008, 09:57 PM

NIck,

Thanks on all the compliments! I love this little heli, and I haven't even flown it yet! I will get some pics with the electronics installed, but that may be a while...they are advising me on HF to disassemble the tailbox and CA the bearings in the holes next. That will be an experience. I checked the factory belt tension, and made a mental note of how tight it is...

I was comparing them today....the Gaui 200 and the Quark are almost identical in size....very, very close. They are both about 1 and 1/2 inches shorter than the CX2...I'll take a comparsion picture soon, to give you an idea...

Readyheli ROCKS...you will be very impressed when you order from them! I could not have asked for a better, more pleasant online purchase, perfect in every way!

I also got my tail servo from Helidirect...they both arrived today at the same time....I also have had really good experiences with Helidirect as well.

I can't decide whether to start on the tailbox tonight, or wait until tomorrow when I am less tired. I probably should wait unitil tomorrow. It might get involved, and I don't want to get stopped halfway through. Maybe I'll check out the servos and stuff tonight.

And I'll watch your videos, maybe relax some. I am not going to rush the Gaui, I think working on it and settting it up are going to be half the fun!

Glenn
Old 07-09-2008, 10:13 PM

Glenn,

That would be cool to see a comparison picture.

Yeah it is probably smart to work on the Gaui when you are less tired.

I also have fun building and setting up helicopters. But I have always like building stuff, but helicopters are more complex and more fun.

I finished building the Belt CP tonight as much as I could to get it to fit in the box.

Nick

Added: I put the thrust bearings on like Finless said and they rotated much different than when I had them on. It felt so smooth when I rotated the grips and it used to be notchy, but I thought that was how the thrust bearings felt. I think my T-Rex grips felt the same way, so I will need to fix that some time.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:56 PM

Hey Nick,

Well, I started tinkering around with the tailbox, and then ended up going ahead and just doing it. It wasn't bad at all, the belt loosens very easily. I CA'ed the bearings in place, and then loctited all the screws. Most already had loctite on them, they did a pretty good assembly job except for a couple of loose screws.

I'll leave the camera out, and take some pics tomorrow for a comparison.

That is cool on the Belt CP, I guess it's almost done?

Very cool on the finless videos helping on the thrust bearings too!

I will need to review finless's videos for CCPM setup soon, as I think it will help me with the servos on the Gaui.

I am going to watch your videos and get some sleep for tomorrow!

Glenn
Old 07-09-2008, 11:33 PM

Glenn,

It sounds like you made a lot of progress on the Gaui 200.

All that is left on the Belt CP is for the buyer to put the landing gear and blades on and setup up the linkages and electronics.

I think what Finless is doing is great. He is helping out the helicopter community and making it easy for everyone to understand the setup.

I hope I get some good weather tomorrow. It sounds like there are some pretty bad thunder storms in towns around me.

Hope you can get some flying in with all the exciting stuff with the Gaui 200 going on. I know I didn't get any flying in when I was building the T-Rex. Hope you can get the Gaui 200 up and flying soon without rushing the building process.

Nick
Old 07-10-2008, 12:52 PM

Nick,

Thanks, I stayed up a little longer than I should have, but I like to finish up what I started. The Gaui is pretty much all taken care of from a mechanical standpoint, I only have one little sticking point, and that is the belt tension. The manual says it should be loose enough that it slips when you turn the tail rotor, before it will turn the main motor. But when I checked it out of the box, it would turn the main motor without slipping. Now I have it so it almost slips when it's trying to turn the motor, but will slip pretty easily when you hold the main gear and turn the tail rotor, so I think it's good. The belt looks VERY fragile, I am going to order some spares next time I get a chance.

I agree, the Finless videos are a great thing, and it's very cool of him to go to the trouble to make them available to everyone. It really does promote the hobby, and encourages newcomers to "get their hands dirty" and learn setup.

Yeah, exactly...I am completely torn on flying and building right now...I almost wish for rain or 30 MPH winds so I don't have to make a decision tonight!! LOL

I did actually find time for 2 packs with the Qaurk last night in a break from the build.

I stand corrected on the size of the helis we were talking about...it's a different story when the canopies are all in place. I thought the Gaui was smaller than the CX2, but they are almost identical in length with the canopies on (the Gaui canopy is quite large). Here are some pics that gave me the impression that the Quark and 200 were almost identical in size...

Gotta go back to work!

Glenn

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71869.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	987442   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93838.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	987443  
Old 07-10-2008, 12:53 PM

that gaui looks really nice, I can't wait for you to give a review on it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.