Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

8FG flaperons?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 12:48 AM
My Feedback: (111)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8FG flaperons?

Hi. How do you set up the new 8FG for flaperons and couple the elevator to flaps? I must be missing something. Thanks.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: 8FG flaperons?

For Flaperons, you want to have at least the "2 Aileron" model type selected. That gives you one servo per aileron. If you look in the Function section of the Linkage Menu, you'll see that one channel is marked "Camber". It's one of the "virtual"channels. Don't worry about that part, but just set its control the the lever/switch/knob you want to control the flaps function.

Now, go into the Model Menu and then enter the Camber Mix. This is where you adjust how the ailerons will move when you move the camber's control. Turn the mix on (set it to a switch if you want a switch to turn it off and on), and then set the Aileron AFR as desired when you move the flap control.

Inside the Camber Mix, you'll also see an Elevator AFR setting. This is where you set the amount of elevator mix when you deploy the flaperons.

If you have separate flaps and ailerons, you can have them move in any direction you desire when you move the camber control, so you can actually set up Crow inside the mix...however you desire it to work.

Futaba uses "Camber" because when you move flaps, you're actually changing the curve, or camber, of the wing.

Please see page 88 in the instruction manual for complete information on the Camber Mix.