Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Official Eflite Carbon Cub SS Forum

I got my Carbon Cub a few days ago. Actually it's my 2nd one, because the first one had an elevator problem, but Horizon Hobby took good care of me, and overnighted another one. This one seems to be fine. I had to glue the landing gear fairings to the wire so they wouldn't keep popping off while learning how to land it, and also glued the wheel keepers on after losing the tail wheel for a while. Never did find that one push on keeper, but thankfully there was another one inboard of the wheel still on the wire.
    I have maybe 5 flights on it so far, and it's an awesome little plane which certainly deserves it's own thread, so here we go...
    It's been real windy here lately, so my poor little Carbon Cub has had to fly in 5 to 8 mph winds so far. It's been doing really well, but I need alot of practice. For it's size and weight, it sure handles the wind good. I was afraid of scuffin up the wing tips while landing, but the AS3X does a great job of correcting for the wind on the way in. It's a quick little plane, it has tons of power. They probably planned it that way so it could break loose from the water easily while float flying. From the video's i've seen they jump right up off of the water with no problem. I already have my floats, but havn't tried them out yet.
    I moved all my control rods to the inner holes, and I think it's all about perfect now, I just wish all this crazy wind would stop. We were having 14 mph gusts last night, so I didn't even think of sending the little Cub up. I think 5 mph is about my wind limit with it, for now anyway.
    I changed my battery plug to a JST, and just ordered 2 more 180mah batts from HK/USA. I have 2 batterys for it now, and im shootin for 8, so I still have 4 to order in the near future. Im really getting into these little BNF birds. I used to fly larger planes with 4 stroke Saito's and a gas powered Giant Super Stearman, but I think this little electric stuff is more fun, alot less work, and alot less hassel.
    This Carbon Cub is the latest addition to my fleet of electric planes, and I think it's going to be my favorite. How bout you guys ?
    Have you ever seen a better looking, more scale, fun to fly foamie ? I sure havn't. I think the Carbon Cub is a real winner
    Have you hugged your RC Planes today ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Official Eflite Carbon Cub SS Forum

Love mine and its brother...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db84781.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	1899867   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pl32584.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	1899868   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ca81391.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	1899869   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vq52420.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	1899870   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Va70953.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	1899871  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz78468.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	1899872  
    Andy - Helicopter Forum Moderator
    AMA 77227 Leader Member- Contest Director
    www.JaxRC.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Beautiful pics of yours, great job ! I got 2 six minute flights in on mine tonight. Wind was down to about 3 or 4 mph. Im blown away how nice they fly. I think it's my favorite plane now.
    I took a couple of pics tonight also. Love your deck level shots

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ay74137.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	1899926   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Id96520.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	1899927   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mr41877.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	1899928  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I thought that I had a binding problem with mine, but it turns out that the transmitter must be on for at least five seconds before you plug the airplane battery in.

The little plane flies great. I have flown is winds up to 14 mph so far. This plane has more power an agility than the larger white foam Cub that we all like.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Got one on the way with floats,looking forward to getting some flights in...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I've been flying mine alot, but still havn't tried it off water yet. I havn't had any trouble with it whatsoever, and I must have at least 50 flights on it now. Eflite sure did a fine job when they made these little planes. Truely amazing...

I thought that I had a binding problem with mine

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    This is the best $170 I have ever spent.
    Back Roads Outlaws Revver #165

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    My Carbon Cub started having problems with the elevator. It would suddenly loose elevator control and crash. I gave it to a friend and he's having the same luck. Now it's a scotch tape, hot glue, demolition, crash test, Carbon Cub.