Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Flyzone Super Cub~tried one yet?

I read about these and I guess they are pretty new.
    But I had to put one on order and try it. I ordered the receiver ready version and it should be here soon.

http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplanes/hcaa2527/

I can crash better than anyone I have ever seen!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Flyzone Super Cub~tried one yet?

I 've got one that I bought at the LHS. I fly it on a 3 cell 800mah battery. It's too light(the battery) and there isn't much space inside(battery compartment) unless you modify it for your battery. I fly mine as much as I can because it doesn't present any surprises. It's almost as easy as a trainer but will roll and loop with ease. I do take off on short grass without any problems. I land on short grass also. My atempts to land and take off on pavement were succesful but ugly. The sprung landing gear made it very bouncy on pavement when landing unless you are super smooth. On grass it looks more realistic. Stock it has plenty of power, not underpowered but not powered like a stunt plane. Very easy to assemble and the instructions are pretty clear. Good luck. I enjoy mine.

Dean

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Flyzone Super Cub~tried one yet?

so,
    i get this rtf cub from flysone that got more weights added to it than an ocean liner anchor (nose had three ounces, tail two, wings when opened up had all kinds od strange debris that could only be intended to be balance. ) i did fly it few times but never did get it to trim right. i decided to convert it with an old radian glider wing that i added by splicing the cub cente section and installed a thermos botle liner as the nose. looks like a turbo cub now. see the link of my first flight. i used the same balancing points as the cub came with. didnt need to do much re arranging of the esc, battery, except that i lengthened the leads of the esc so that it was in the cockpit. flys like a cub and a glider. put a folding prop on it also.

da!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://search.rcuniverse.com/search....yer_detailpage

Read more: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...#ixzz1BeDs4DUq