Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

traxxas vs. hpi or losi

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 09:13 PM
bran-lex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traxxas vs. hpi or losi

What do you think is a better company?
Old 04-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

Default RE: traxxas vs. hpi or losi

Search Button

+ your not going to get a straight answer

to biased here

HPI people like HPI, Losi people Like Losi Etc, Etc...
Old 04-15-2008, 09:30 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, its really irrelevant. You have to compare vehicles to vehicles - and even then must do it type by type. All companies make some great and some not so great cars and trucks.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Chris_RC

he just means the better company. Everybody starts getting techinal saying there are alot of aspects and stuff. I personality like Losi. Has never let me down before.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:42 PM
bxctonjes
Banned

Hey there! Well first off, stay away from Traxxas! Unless you have the money for the hop-ups. They are somewhat durable, but mostly made of cheap plastic. If what I hear is true and you are really looking to get a Traxxas. Do so pretty soon. The guy at my LHS told me that Traxxas and Walmart are trying to come to an agreement. So that Walmart sell will start to their stuff. If that happens, you can count on the quality going down. Then it would be "quantity over quality". Now the other two companies are both damn good companies. At that point, you would have to compare vehicals. First choose a scale:1/5, 1/8, 1/10, or smaller. Then choose nitro, gas "1/5", or electric. Then choose the type: touring car, drifting car, drag car, buggy, truggy, or monster truck. Once you have choosen all of that, research the two companies. Find a couple of models to compare. Then post in a forum, or talk to people at your LHS or locale track.
Hope this helps!
Corey
Old 04-15-2008, 10:53 PM
jumpanddrop

ORIGINAL: bxctonjes

Hey there! Well first off, stay away from Traxxas! Unless you have the money for the hop-ups. They are somewhat durable, but mostly made of cheap plastic. If what I hear is true and you are really looking to get a Traxxas. Do so pretty soon. The guy at my LHS told me that Traxxas and Walmart are trying to come to an agreement. So that Walmart sell will start to their stuff. If that happens, you can count on the quality going down. Then it would be "quantity over quality". Now the other two companies are both damn good companies. At that point, you would have to compare vehicals. First choose a scale:1/5, 1/8, 1/10, or smaller. Then choose nitro, gas "1/5", or electric. Then choose the type: touring car, drifting car, drag car, buggy, truggy, or monster truck. Once you have choosen all of that, research the two companies. Find a couple of models to compare. Then post in a forum, or talk to people at your LHS or locale track.
Hope this helps!
Corey
lol... i realy dont think that wallmart is gong to start carrying traxxas trucks. i would have to agree with the other guys, your going to here all different oppinions and all companys make good trucks, all depends on what your looking for. im a hpi fan but there are alot of brands out there
Old 04-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Chris_RC

Can you imagine a mom buying a kid a Jato 3.3 for Christmas? I went by this dirt area last weekend, and there are apartment complexes behind. So I seen these kids coming, like 5-10, and I was like, "ah crap,I hate when this happens." And the 1st thing they said was CAN I DRIVE IT!?!??! The all they said was Your soo lucky. I was about to start yelling at them. But instead I just said they cost like $300, and they said CAN I TRY IT??? I was so mad I just left. sorry I got off subject. That is just what will happen. But can''t you see a 6 year old kid driving a Jato 3.3?
Old 04-16-2008, 04:11 AM
savtraxx

you dont just ask whats better....you need cars me..i like losi
Old 04-16-2008, 05:32 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yet another pointless thread.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:37 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: snowbl!nd

Yep, just like those "electric vs nitro" threads.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:35 AM
SavageX78

ORIGINAL: bran-lex

There all great companies. Losi and traxxas have been doing very well lately. Putting out new cars and Losi''s just making everything. Batts,Brushless motors,Tires,lipo.

HPI I dont watch to much but they did recently put out the E-firestorm and thats seems to be doing great. Plus the got the savage and Baja 5B and im sure many others.

To sum it up. You cant lose with any of the big RC companies. Traxxas has great support and great begginer RTRs. Losi I dont know never had to use it and they have some quality kits.

Ahh speaking of kits. Theres Tamiya too. Very popular and theres Team associated who wins a lotta races. Xray is also top notch.

Personally I dont think it matters whos better there all great!
Old 04-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Nitro Fumes

It depends on what type of vehicle you want and if you are going to race or bash. For racing I have a Losi XXX-NT AD2. I only use it for racing. But for bashing I just got the HPI Baja B5 SS kit. And this buggy can also be made race ready as it is built very well and there are a lot of aftermarket parts available, many are just billet alum. decorative parts but there are also performance parts available including hydraulic disc brakes and better clutches, there is even a 2-speed being developed. I don''t know anything about the other HPI vehicles. And Traxxis is strickly for bashing unless you invest alot of money to turn it into a racer. Then it will probably cost more than buying a purpose built racer.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:24 AM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

Can you imagine a mom buying a kid a Jato 3.3 for Christmas? I went by this dirt area last weekend, and there are apartment complexes behind. So I seen these kids coming, like 5-10, and I was like, "ah crap,I hate when this happens." And the 1st thing they said was CAN I DRIVE IT!?!??! The all they said was Your soo lucky. I was about to start yelling at them. But instead I just said they cost like $300, and they said CAN I TRY IT??? I was so mad I just left. sorry I got off subject. That is just what will happen. But can''''t you see a 6 year old kid driving a Jato 3.3?
LOL, same here. I was in a parking lot running my 1/6 scale buggy when this little kid, probably about 7, came up and asked if he could run it. I''ve had it happen before, and it''s really annoying. I usually don''t make a big deal of it, just a quick no and I go on with what I was doing.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:17 PM
GYNAIKAS

Well since you aksed traxxas can''t reach HPI''s and Losi''s quality. As for on road cars X-ray, HPI and Kyosho are the most popular companies.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:52 PM
bxctonjes
Banned

AMEN to that!
Old 04-16-2008, 03:17 PM
novakmaxx

traxxas. Most of the rc''s I have ever were traxxas.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: drevil

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

Can you imagine a mom buying a kid a Jato 3.3 for Christmas? I went by this dirt area last weekend, and there are apartment complexes behind. So I seen these kids coming, like 5-10, and I was like, "ah crap,I hate when this happens." And the 1st thing they said was CAN I DRIVE IT!?!??! The all they said was Your soo lucky. I was about to start yelling at them. But instead I just said they cost like $300, and they said CAN I TRY IT??? I was so mad I just left. sorry I got off subject. That is just what will happen. But can't you see a 6 year old kid driving a Jato 3.3?
LOL, same here. I was in a parking lot running my 1/6 scale buggy when this little kid, probably about 7, came up and asked if he could run it. I've had it happen before, and it's really annoying. I usually don't make a big deal of it, just a quick no and I go on with what I was doing.
Only sometimes I go to the park THEY DON'T leave. They just try to be my friend to run it.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:50 PM
MT

ORIGINAL: General_Rommel

ORIGINAL: snowbl!nd

Yep, just like those "electric vs nitro" threads.

Some of these have to be trolls, that are posting just to start another war.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:43 PM
TommyGun24

We get that around here. You have to be hard on them or they wont leave you alone.

I dont mind the nice kids that just ask questions, its the little ratbags that are rude and hang around waiting for a chance to steal something that I dont like.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:16 AM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: novakmaxx

traxxas. Most of the rc's I have ever were traxxas.
This post just sums it up. People are going to say what they own and are very biased.

They are all great for getting people into the hobby. Traxxas caters toward the beginner market (GENERALLY), but their REVO is a world class MT racer. HPI seems to make some pretty durable products (in my experiences the most dirable). Losi has a little bit of everything, racers, bashers, etc.

In the end any one is great I am glad we have all these companies because competition keeps the hobby improving. An company that gets a newcomer into the hobby is [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif] in my book
Old 04-17-2008, 06:42 PM
CBM Racing

I own vehicles from all three companies. They all have their up and down sides with good/bad vehicles. For a person brand new to hobby who doesn't have access to a lot of help, traxxas is awsome. I have a jato that was very beginner friendly. I have an hpi rs4 3 evo, if basing company off this 1 product I would say pass. The car is fun for a little while, but wears out very fast. But have heard very good things about their other vehicles. I have 3 losi's, micro baja, mini-t, lst2. If basing their quality off the mini and micro I would say they really suck. They are plain garbage out of the box. The lst2 on the other hand is totally awsome. So...depending on what type of vehicle you want, you will have different quality designs and materials. As for being a pointless thread, well, it got you guys to post right up. So it must have had some merit to it, right? Right now my favorite company is ofna, only because I have a new ultra gtp2. After the newness wears off who knows? If your interested in a particular kind of vehicle just do a lot research first, and don't believe magazine reviews.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:31 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: bran-lex

All three are good, and I would buy products form all three of these equally with NO BIAS whatsoever. Why do I have this stance? It's because of all the chinese clones, rip-offs, and other illegal copies. Some of the chinese stuff might be legitamate now, but that is only because the name brand companies began to crack down on the cloners and reverse engineers and demand that they pay for licsensure and/or original molds. (But unfortunately, there are still many more illegal cloners out there that still undermind the hobby and put worthless carp on the market and even worse: they ty to pass that crap as the original!)
Old 05-12-2008, 08:20 PM
saikou xs

im accualy not sure losi seems like hpi,smooth and durable(losi and hpi are great!)traxxas seems weird in a way,i cant beleive wal-mart might sell their stuff! screw freakin walmart!!!!It sucks!!if this happens i wil never buy another traxxas product again!!!traxxas would then look cheap and worthless!And i would be buying from hpi,himoto,losi etc!SO far traxxas is good though.but like i said ill hate traxxas if that happens!
Old 05-12-2008, 09:12 PM
cheech4

IMO, as a whole company Losi will definitely be hands down the best. they have the most wins out of the 3. they make really great racing trucks both 1/10 and 1/8 scale. great and durable monster trucks... most of there stuff are pretty durable, hands down of the 3 the quality is best... the other 2 companies they have a few products that shine, like traxxas has the revo great racing truck, traxxas also has the rustler and stampede that are known to be very durable, but IMO there monster trucks don't shine. HPI makes the best and most durable monster trucks, every body knows and can say the savage is king when it comes down to nitro monster trucks. they also have a few other products that also are known to be very durable and a few that you can race with... but again as a whole company losi takes it.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Specialzed
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

I really dont like traxxas, they ARE going to start selling T-maxxes in walmart you wait and see. I used to like losi alot until they kep releasing all this crap like the raminators and what not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.