Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Results 1 to 16 of 16

  1. #1
    justinCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Broomfield, CO
    Posts
    61
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

    Going racing with GoPro headcam footage, Tekno SCT410 and Tekno EB48

    I've got some new racing footage and commentary on a large outdoor 1/8th scale track. Check out the video as I take my new Tekno EB48 1/8th scale buggy for its first drives and also my Tekno SCT410 trucks first outdoor race!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE_CKArDh9Q
    http://www.jmetz.net
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jackmovesdotcom - RC videos, race reports, tech tips

  2. #2
    BMKTW2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Greenville, FL
    Posts
    114
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    cool
    My girlfriend just got the 410sct and I know what you mean by air control.

    The 410 goes nose down,? forget it... your gonna crash.

  3. #3
    justinCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Broomfield, CO
    Posts
    61
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by BMKTW2 View Post
    cool
    My girlfriend just got the 410sct and I know what you mean by air control.

    The 410 goes nose down,? forget it... your gonna crash.
    Yep! The truck is easier to jump on indoor tracks. But these big outdoor jumps gave me some troubles for sure. Just need to learn to drive it better
    http://www.jmetz.net
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jackmovesdotcom - RC videos, race reports, tech tips

  4. #4
    BMKTW2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Greenville, FL
    Posts
    114
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I dont get it though... she has a 2000kv motor with 4S and it still has no air control. Whats up with this rig? I thought it was supposed to be like the best one?

  5. #5
    The Tekno truck is a very planted machine and can be driven HARD without much regard to others My friend was having the nose down issue while jumping and he replaced the pistons to get more pack. I drove it this past weekend and did not notice any issues.

  6. #6
    justinCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Broomfield, CO
    Posts
    61
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonked View Post
    The Tekno truck is a very planted machine and can be driven HARD without much regard to others My friend was having the nose down issue while jumping and he replaced the pistons to get more pack. I drove it this past weekend and did not notice any issues.
    Yep, new pistons are on my list. The nose down issue can be tamed with different weight oils and springs, I don't have the problem on indoor track with smaller jumps. Just the big outdoor jumps make it tougher to fly level.
    http://www.jmetz.net
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jackmovesdotcom - RC videos, race reports, tech tips

  7. #7
    BMKTW2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Greenville, FL
    Posts
    114
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I put some 1/8 OFNA 20mm truggy springs and its plenty stiffer now and it is a little better.
    My only issue is the mid-air control. Its got none to pull the front end up if need be.
    And on 4S, its not because of lack of power.... She needs to practice with it more but I wish it was just easier to drive.
    I bought it for her because I thought it would be very stable and easy to drive over the jumps and stuff. Boy was I wrong. I got her the one thats the biggest hand-full

    And yes it can be driven hard with little regard for others. With my little 3lb 1/10th scale buggy, I literally dive out of the way when she comes around the corners

  8. #8
    justinCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Broomfield, CO
    Posts
    61
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by BMKTW2 View Post
    I put some 1/8 OFNA 20mm truggy springs and its plenty stiffer now and it is a little better.
    My only issue is the mid-air control. Its got none to pull the front end up if need be.
    And on 4S, its not because of lack of power.... She needs to practice with it more but I wish it was just easier to drive.
    I bought it for her because I thought it would be very stable and easy to drive over the jumps and stuff. Boy was I wrong. I got her the one thats the biggest hand-full

    And yes it can be driven hard with little regard for others. With my little 3lb 1/10th scale buggy, I literally dive out of the way when she comes around the corners
    Yea not sure why mid-air control is so tricky with it. I think it is just the smaller tires (less rotating mass) compared to the Tekno EB48. But really I have no problems except for those gigantic jumps, indoor is fine.
    http://www.jmetz.net
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jackmovesdotcom - RC videos, race reports, tech tips

  9. #9
    BMKTW2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Greenville, FL
    Posts
    114
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by justinCO View Post
    Yea not sure why mid-air control is so tricky with it. I think it is just the smaller tires (less rotating mass) compared to the Tekno EB48. But really I have no problems except for those gigantic jumps.
    My brother said the exact same thing about the tires.
    All I have is outdoor track but my jumps are not big

  10. #10
    What diff fluids you running ?

  11. #11
    BMKTW2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Greenville, FL
    Posts
    114
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonked View Post
    What diff fluids you running ?
    Everything that came with the kit

  12. #12
    justinCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Broomfield, CO
    Posts
    61
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by BMKTW2 View Post
    My brother said the exact same thing about the tires.
    All I have is outdoor track but my jumps are not big
    Ahh. I think with more practice, I'll be fine on the big jumps, just takes some getting used to how the truck flys.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zonked View Post
    What diff fluids you running ?
    I am running 7, 10, 5 in my truck.
    http://www.jmetz.net
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jackmovesdotcom - RC videos, race reports, tech tips

  13. #13
    I maybe wrong but if you use thinner fluid in the center diff dont that direct more power to the front wheels ? I use 7-5-3 in my "ahem" Slash 4x4 and you can really see the front wheels pulling the truck around. If memory serves that is what i used in the jammin.

  14. #14
    BMKTW2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Greenville, FL
    Posts
    114
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonked View Post
    I maybe wrong but if you use thinner fluid in the center diff dont that direct more power to the front wheels ? I use 7-5-3 in my "ahem" Slash 4x4 and you can really see the front wheels pulling the truck around. If memory serves that is what i used in the jammin.

    with that thin of oil, I would think it would be more like "really see the front wheel pulling the truck around"

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by BMKTW2 View Post
    with that thin of oil, I would think it would be more like "really see the front wheel pulling the truck around"
    lmao, have not witnessed any tire ballooning.

  16. #16
    justinCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Broomfield, CO
    Posts
    61
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Yea I have tried a few different diff oil setups. My last was 5, 7, 3. I will probably go back to a little lighter oils soon, I liked it a bit better that way.
    http://www.jmetz.net
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jackmovesdotcom - RC videos, race reports, tech tips


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:10 PM.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.