Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Which Killer Bee kill switch?

Hello again guys! Before i even get my 5t, i want to invest in a killswitch. I've heard great things about the killer bee one, but i dont want one thats too complicated...Im a noob when it comes to wiring and all that...So, im looking for 1 that is easy to install....i thaught the number 3 is the easiest? Also, i dont know why, but i have a feeling that its a lot of trouble setting it up and all, is that true? Or, is it ok for me to leave the stock fail safe in there? I mean, it does the basics.....What are the chances my servo strips, or something like that...? Opinions? Thanks!

RE: Which Killer Bee kill switch?

Number 3 defiantly looks the easiest to install.
    Clod Buster | Sludge Hammer | Blue Streak | Revo | Baja | CR-01 | FG MT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

Number 3 defiantly looks the easiest to install.
    Ok, and is there alot of setting up to do? I've read alot of threads about people ahving problems with the setup, and things not working correctly...What im trying to do is squeeze by with the stock fail safe... is that a bad idea?

It seems like with kit 3 all you have to do is plug the wires into the coil then the other end into the kill switch. Idno if there is soldering required or not. But you defiantly don't want to skimp out on a kill switch, no one wants a 1000+ dollar machine running wild at something, or a person.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

It seems like with kit 3 all you have to do is plug the wires into the coil then the other end into the kill switch. Idno if there is soldering required or not. But you defiantly don't want to skimp out on a kill switch, no one wants a 1000+ dollar machine running wild at something, or a person.
    Right, but i find the stock fail safe is good enough...is it not? All you basically need is the breaks for lost signal, and for receiver battery pack being low...Which comes with thee stock failsafe....I mean its not like as if my car has a high chance of taking off on its own....my savage xl has no failsafe at all, and its been great for a few months, had 0 problems.... I mean, do people out there leave the stock failsafe system on their baja? Im sure some people do, not everyone gets a killer bee?

If you think the stock failsafe is fine get a volt meter for the receiver.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you think the a fail safe is good enough you are wrong. If your throttle servo mess up or the linkage comes off what is a fail safe going to to NOTHING. But with kill switch you can just shut down the engine. Go to Killer RC and look in the FAQ section for more. Just think we are talking about vehicles that weight 20 to 35 pounds not little 1/8 7 or 10 pound vehicles.

I know of a guy that ran his 5B off in to the ocean. He had a fail safe but (no kill switch) did not do him a BIT of good. He runs now. Losing your 5b is bad but what happens if you have a problem and it hits someone or there property? LAW SUITE! Now what is cheaper? Mess up or loosing your large scale RC, law suite or a kill switch. I will not run any of my large scales with out one.

I recommend going with the #4 as the LED light makes is A LOT easier to tell if you kill switch is on or off. I ran a older kill switch with out a light and is a pain in the butt. Get the kit with LED. Kent at Killer RC is a great person and give great service both during and after the sale.
    Rebel Racing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I almost lost my highly modified Baja 5b into a very deep river! Luckily when the throttle stuck the car spun sideways enough to follow the shore before flipping over. That was the last time I ran without a killswitch.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 46u

If you think the a fail safe is good enough you are wrong. If your throttle servo mess up or the linkage comes off what is a fail safe going to to NOTHING. But with kill switch you can just shut down the engine. Go to Killer RC and look in the FAQ section for more. Just think we are talking about vehicles that weight 20 to 35 pounds not little 1/8 7 or 10 pound vehicles.

I know of a guy that ran his 5B off in to the ocean. He had a fail safe but (no kill switch) did not do him a BIT of good. He runs now. Losing your 5b is bad but what happens if you have a problem and it hits someone or there property? LAW SUITE! Now what is cheaper? Mess up or loosing your large scale RC, law suite or a kill switch. I will not run any of my large scales with out one.

I recommend going with the #4 as the LED light makes is A LOT easier to tell if you kill switch is on or off. I ran a older kill switch with out a light and is a pain in the butt. Get the kit with LED. Kent at Killer RC is a great person and give great service both during and after the sale.
    That's pretty convincing...Kit 4 it is then...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You might never need a kill switch but I sure read about many that wish they had one do to runaways and the money it cost them. All so nice to be able to cut it off when every you want. To me a kill switch is just CHEAP insurance!
    Rebel Racing