Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

blade motors

Old 06-25-2013, 08:37 PM
karlik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blade motors

I tried to search but a search for almost anything blade results in a whole bunch of results. I'm thinking about an mcpx as an indoor. Am I correct that the motors are brushed? They look like maybe small coreless motors. How often do they fail (I'm thinking pretty often based on experience with a coreless tail motor).
Old 06-27-2013, 04:14 PM
karlik

Default RE: blade motors

Really?? Nobody???
Old 06-28-2013, 10:28 AM
ATVAlliance

The mcpx v1 and v2 are brushed.
The new mcpx (i guess one would call it a version 3) is brushless for both the main and tail motor.

I have a v1 that is now running a v2 3-n1 board(I fried mine trying to mod my boom longer and pinched the motor leads unknowingly, then powered it on).

Ive had it for 2 years and have literally flown it a couple hundred times already. Still on stock motors and still as powerful as it was the day it was new.

I have a friend that bought a used mcpx and his motor is about gone. Dont know how many flights its had put on it...but it is way low on power, compared to mine. So, I guess Im trying to say that when they motors start going...you will definitely notice it.

However, I would just go with the newest edition/version. They say its a better more capable 3d platform than the original brushed versions.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:41 AM
karlik

Thanks. Knowing that I dug deeper and found the mcpx bl (brushless). It also uses a 2 cell lipo instead of a single cell.
I have bad memories from my first heli (walkera 4) and getting 2 flights in then the motor failed and I was done for the day. Given a choice, I'll spend a little more and go brushless.