Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: blade motors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

blade motors

I tried to search but a search for almost anything blade results in a whole bunch of results. I'm thinking about an mcpx as an indoor. Am I correct that the motors are brushed? They look like maybe small coreless motors. How often do they fail (I'm thinking pretty often based on experience with a coreless tail motor).
    Larry
    Mastering toilet bowl effect

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: blade motors

Really?? Nobody???
    Larry

The mcpx v1 and v2 are brushed.
    The new mcpx (i guess one would call it a version 3) is brushless for both the main and tail motor.

I have a v1 that is now running a v2 3-n1 board(I fried mine trying to mod my boom longer and pinched the motor leads unknowingly, then powered it on).

Ive had it for 2 years and have literally flown it a couple hundred times already. Still on stock motors and still as powerful as it was the day it was new.

I have a friend that bought a used mcpx and his motor is about gone. Dont know how many flights its had put on it...but it is way low on power, compared to mine. So, I guess Im trying to say that when they motors start going...you will definitely notice it.

However, I would just go with the newest edition/version. They say its a better more capable 3d platform than the original brushed versions.
    SpeedDemon
    ATVAlliance.Com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks. Knowing that I dug deeper and found the mcpx bl (brushless). It also uses a 2 cell lipo instead of a single cell.
    I have bad memories from my first heli (walkera 4) and getting 2 flights in then the motor failed and I was done for the day. Given a choice, I'll spend a little more and go brushless.
    Larry