RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.

Reply
Old 07-19-2013, 01:03 PM
  #51
k_sonn
 
k_sonn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 2,587
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.



I have a new in the box Jetcat Titan that's never seen fuel. I was going to install it in my Hunter until I called Jetcat and asked what the turn around time was to get my ECU updated to use A123 batteries. I was told it would take several weeks. Really? For a software upgrade?



I called Barry and purchased a K140G. I think it's time to put the Titan up for sale.



Kirk

k_sonn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:16 PM
  #52
ravill
Thread Starter
 
ravill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Redwood City
Posts: 4,227
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.


Quote:
ORIGINAL: k_sonn



I have a new in the box Jetcat Titan that's never seen fuel. I was going to install it in my Hunter until I called Jetcat and asked what the turn around time was to get my ECU updated to use A123 batteries. I was told it would take several weeks. Really? For a software upgrade?



I called Barry and purchased a K140G. I think it's time to put the Titan up for sale.



Kirk


Yeah, this is really too bad with JetCat service. Great engines and other than lag time, great service as well.

And Andy, I like my shark mouth!
ravill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:26 PM
  #53
mr_matt
 
mr_matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Oak Park, CA,
Posts: 10,022
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.

Hi Kirk,

No excuse offered but if the ECU is old enough the A123 mod is not just software, they have to add a power board maybe they are out who knows?

EDIT maybe you already know your is SW only, sorry I don't know not trying to be presumptuous.

Regards,
mr_matt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:40 PM
  #54
k_sonn
 
k_sonn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 2,587
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.



No worries Matt.  I was told it was a software upgrade and that there is a large backlog of work.



Kirk

k_sonn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:12 PM
  #55
smchale
 
smchale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philadelphia PA
Posts: 2,726
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.

Enjoy the Kingtech Kirk! Warning: It won't be your last.
My third arrived today.
smchale is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:39 PM
  #56
k_sonn
 
k_sonn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 2,587
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.


Quote:
ORIGINAL: smchale

Enjoy the Kingtech Kirk! Warning: It won't be your last.
My third arrived today.
I think you're right about that Sean. I'll need a K170 or K180 for the Skymaster T-33 I'll be completing later this year.

By the way, ordered the K140 at lunch time and 2 hours later had a tracking number.



Kirk

k_sonn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:58 PM
  #57
gunradd
 
gunradd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Springhill, FL
Posts: 2,638
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.


Quote:
ORIGINAL: k_sonn


Quote:
ORIGINAL: smchale

Enjoy the Kingtech Kirk! Warning: It won't be your last.
My third arrived today.
I think you're right about that Sean. I'll need a K170 or K180 for the Skymaster T-33 I'll be completing later this year.

By the way, ordered the K140 at lunch time and 2 hours later had a tracking number.



Kirk

Kirk thats how they do it
Always get you a tracking number and it ships right away. You dont have to beg for warranty parts or be grounded for weeks on end. I could not be any happier with kingtech.
gunradd is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:38 PM
  #58
josecilurzo
 
josecilurzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SAO JOSE DO RIO PRETO-SP, BRAZIL
Posts: 766
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.

Last 7 years i sent 5 mails to jetcat-usa, they never answer none!!!! But, all my doubts were answered by Jetcat-de and jetcat-brazil, well, hope John Redman make an great customer support as Barry, Eric and Ron.

Jose
josecilurzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:47 PM
  #59
AndyAndrews
 
AndyAndrews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 6,022
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.

This is a BAD ASS shot of my F4 at KY Jets with a Kingtech K-170. I love it!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16924.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	1902163  
AndyAndrews is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:14 PM
  #60
dubd
 
dubd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 4,268
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.

Andy, good looking wings!
dubd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:08 PM
  #61
number27
 
number27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: AUSTRALIA
Posts: 391
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.

I have a K140F in PST reaction 3.8l tank still got a litre after 7 minute flight mostly WOT. Love it. Also a 170G in Eurosport a bit hungrier for fuel and love it as well. Both run Diesel and DTE light Oil.

Never in a Jetcat diesel or dte light. Have 140RX kero and tubine oil.

Six month wait for Jetcat delivery. Less than 2 weeks for Kingtech.

Next turbine purchase Kingtech.
number27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:13 AM
  #62
josecilurzo
 
josecilurzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SAO JOSE DO RIO PRETO-SP, BRAZIL
Posts: 766
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.

Oops!!!!!! In time, Matt help me 3 times on Rcu. I forgot to say!!!!
He always support jetcat guys!!!

Jose
josecilurzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:55 AM
  #63
gunradd
 
gunradd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Springhill, FL
Posts: 2,638
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.

Talking about support when my Jetcentral engine sized at FL jets I thought I was done. Then Barry walked over to me with a brand new in the box K180 and said here run it for the week and give it back so your not grounded. So they got me back in the air when an engine from a different manufacture failed in my plane. So at the end I gave it back and gave them a huge thank you. I then saved my pennies and Barry worked out a deal for me on the K170. Never been so happy!

Also my flameout issues went away with the new turbine. Went through top gun several trips to the local field and 44 flights at Kentucky and not a single flame out.

Thats what I call service!!
gunradd is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:29 AM
  #64
Gixxy
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 135
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.


Quote:
ORIGINAL: gunradd


Quote:
ORIGINAL: k_sonn


Quote:
ORIGINAL: smchale

Enjoy the Kingtech Kirk! Warning: It won't be your last.
My third arrived today.
I think you're right about that Sean. I'll need a K170 or K180 for the Skymaster T-33 I'll be completing later this year.

By the way, ordered the K140 at lunch time and 2 hours later had a tracking number.



Kirk

Kirk thats how they do it
Always get you a tracking number and it ships right away. You dont have to beg for warranty parts or be grounded for weeks on end. I could not be any happier with kingtech.
Of course you don't have to wait and beg for warranty parts. That 170 just runs like a CHAMP ! Why would you need warranty parts ???? But in all honesty after seeing first hand Barry and Dirk help take care of Curts small issue I was sold on their customer service here in the USA. I went from 0 kingtechs to 3 in the course of a year. Im sure a 180 will be in my future
Gixxy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:44 AM
  #65
k_sonn
 
k_sonn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 2,587
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.


Quote:
ORIGINAL: gunradd


Quote:
ORIGINAL: k_sonn


Quote:
ORIGINAL: smchale

Enjoy the Kingtech Kirk! Warning: It won't be your last.
My third arrived today.
I think you're right about that Sean. I'll need a K170 or K180 for the Skymaster T-33 I'll be completing later this year.

By the way, ordered the K140 at lunch time and 2 hours later had a tracking number.



Kirk

Kirk thats how they do it
Always get you a tracking number and it ships right away. You dont have to beg for warranty parts or be grounded for weeks on end. I could not be any happier with kingtech.
Thanks Kris. I'm sure I'll be as happy as you. I spotted for Barry several times last year at Best In The West and was in a tent across from the Kingtech tent. I was very impressed with Barry's mannerism and the way he helped everybody, even a guy flying an EDF
k_sonn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:32 AM
  #66
AndyAndrews
 
AndyAndrews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 6,022
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.

Barry always gets a lot of praise and it is well deserved. I gotta give a shout out to Dirk too. He was EXTREMELY helpful at KY Jets! He offered his time to help not only with the turbines but in the pit, spotting, or anything.

Thanks Dirk. I am glad I got to meet you. You're awesome bud.
AndyAndrews is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:42 AM
  #67
SeaLance
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 182
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.

Kingtech is one of the sponsors for Team USA for the Jet World Masters this summer in Switzerland. I am looking forward to flying my F-15 powered by a K-100.

Jason
SeaLance is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:25 PM
  #68
smchale
 
smchale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philadelphia PA
Posts: 2,726
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.

Kirk,
You're in good hands with Barry and Dirk! We are lucky to have them supporting this product!
For a matter of reference, I sent my ECU in last Tuesday (from the east coast) for a software upgrade and Barry got it Thursday (west coast), updated it and sent it back same day (west coast), and I got it today, Saturday (east coast)! It means I'm back flying in less than a week!
smchale is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:26 PM
  #69
Kim Couturier
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 137
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.

I've flown jetcat for the last 3 years, and switched to two King Techs this year. I am very please to say the least! I too will be hard pressed to pay the jetcat price when I can get an awesome running King Tech for way less $! Barry has Ben great too!
Kim Couturier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:04 PM
  #70
josecilurzo
 
josecilurzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SAO JOSE DO RIO PRETO-SP, BRAZIL
Posts: 766
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.

This post, and, some other posts about turbines show us the real value of great support, i hope these posts show to jetcat what she needs and they enjoy this benchmarking, because, besides an good engine, i need an good support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jose
josecilurzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:17 PM
  #71
AndyAndrews
 
AndyAndrews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 6,022
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.


Quote:
ORIGINAL: josecilurzo

This post, and, some other posts about turbines show us the real value of great support, i hope these posts show to jetcat what she needs and they enjoy this benchmarking, because, besides an good engine, i need an good support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jose
Although I've never had any problems with JetCat, I think you will see a real change at JetCat once John R gets involved. It's good that we have several high quality turbines to choose from. Keeps the competition on their toes and it does nothing but benefit the modelers in the long run.

Andy
AndyAndrews is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:54 PM
  #72
flejter1
 
flejter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Oak Hills, CA
Posts: 419
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.



Thanks for all the kind words and praise!!! Barry has worked very hard trying to build KingTech sales to where they are today. I have been doing my best to give you all the fast turn around time in the Service Dept & Tech support. Most importantly, the KingTech factory has been working hard to keep the quality of our turbines to the highest standards as well as introducing new products. We are a growing family of Kingtech owners and are getting bigger every day. I just wanted to say thanks again for all the kind words and looking forward to meeting current & future customers!!


KingTech Service

Dirk Flejter


Andy,

I had a great time assisting you with all your planes at Kentucky Jets and good luck to you and Team USA at the Jet World Masters.
flejter1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:30 PM
  #73
josecilurzo
 
josecilurzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SAO JOSE DO RIO PRETO-SP, BRAZIL
Posts: 766
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.

I agree with you Andy!!!
And, we has only jetcat's, amazing engines, and, i hope John join the rcu with us!!!

Jose
josecilurzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:38 PM
  #74
marquisvns
 
marquisvns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 1,699
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: gunradd

Talking about support when my Jetcentral engine sized at FL jets I thought I was done. Then Barry walked over to me with a brand new in the box K180 and said here run it for the week and give it back so your not grounded. So they got me back in the air when an engine from a different manufacture failed in my plane. So at the end I gave it back and gave them a huge thank you. I then saved my pennies and Barry worked out a deal for me on the K170. Never been so happy!

Also my flameout issues went away with the new turbine. Went through top gun several trips to the local field and 44 flights at Kentucky and not a single flame out.

Thats what I call service!!
Kris, Thank you for your compliment, but I also like to share that Eric had done the same thing for us. When Scott Harris' engine seized (First Gen shaft tunnel), Eric stepped forward and offered him a Cheetah that saved the day. I believe this is the camaraderie that we all cherish.

Raf, glad you enjoy your engine, we're here to back you up 100%.

A big thank you to all of you, for your kind support!

Regards,
Barry
marquisvns is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:28 AM
  #75
josecilurzo
 
josecilurzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SAO JOSE DO RIO PRETO-SP, BRAZIL
Posts: 766
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: More Praise for Kingtech Turbines.

Barry,
Two great guys, and, 2 great engines!!!!!!!!

Hope the others manufacturers learn with you!!!

Jose
josecilurzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:08 PM.