Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: RCU Upgrades

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RCU Upgrades

There will be a major RCU upgrade in the upcoming days. There may be times when the FORUMS will not be available and times when RCU itself will not be available. I will notify everyone when this is eminent and when it is completed. From what I have been told, this will happen early on Monday and may continue for the rest of the day, perhaps for one or two more days. I will let you know as things progress and when RCU is back up for normal operations. Please - be patient when this upgrade takes place.

Thank you for understanding.

CGretired
    Beginners and Pattern Forum Moderator.
    Skylark 70 - OS .75 AX; Excelleron 90 - OS 1.20 AX; Venus II - OS 1.20 AX; And, I still fly my trainer, Hanger 9 Alpha - OS .46 FX! Some electrics. Airtronics RD8000 - Spektrum DX7 - DX6i. AMA 705964.
    Semper Paratus!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RCU Upgrades

Nice to know ahead of time that it's coming. Thanks for the heads up and hope things work out well.

Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hope the upgrade supports tapatalk!
    ---
    Team Esprit/JetiUSA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What is "tapatalk"?
    Skylark 70 - OS .75 AX; Excelleron 90 - OS 1.20 AX; Venus II - OS 1.20 AX; And, I still fly my trainer, Hanger 9 Alpha - OS .46 FX! Some electrics. Airtronics RD8000 - Spektrum DX7 - DX6i. AMA 705964.
    Semper Paratus!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: CGRetired

What is "tapatalk"?
    What you do before you "Tap a thigh high"
    Regards,
    MattK
    (Rcmaster199@aol.com)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok. Whatever that is.
    Semper Paratus!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tapatalk is a forum app for mobile devices that is much nicer than using the mobile browser. Most forums these days support it, RCU doesn't.
    ---
    Team Esprit/JetiUSA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks.

This might be a suggestion to the powers to be for a future update. I'll pass it on.

CGr.
    Semper Paratus!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RCU ia currently installing the upgrade to the new system. If you are having problems with the site, please be patient. This may take a day or two to complete.

CGRetired
    Moderator - Beginners, Pattern Forums
    Semper Paratus!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RCU ia currently installing the upgrade to the new system. If you are having problems with the site, please be patient. This may take a day or two to complete.

CGRetired
    EDIT capability long term or on any previous posts has disappeared. Is that part of the upgrade??

Also, it seems that certain syntax has also disappeared...spaces, paragraph breaks, etc....I'm redoing this post to check

It seems that only the current post one has just posted is editable and only while one is working on a specific thread. Once you move on, you can't edit earlier posts
    Regards,
    MattK
    (Rcmaster199@aol.com)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MTK

CGRetired
    EDIT capability long term or on any previous posts has disappeared. Is that part of the upgrade??

Also, it seems that certain syntax has also disappeared...spaces, paragraph breaks, etc....I'm redoing this post to check

It seems that only the current post one has just posted is editable and only while one is working on a specific thread. Once you move on, you can't edit earlier posts
    Managed to edit the previous post a couple times. Spaces and paragraph breaks that I placed in the post through editing, actually worked this time....
    Regards,
    MattK
    (Rcmaster199@aol.com)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We just got the word that IB software will push the upgrade this weekend. As you can probably imagine, the planned upgrade that was scheduled for last week did not happen. There were some technical issues and IB software did not want to put an unstable system on line.

The latest word is that they will start on Friday, 7/26. They are going to put the forums on a "read-only" status until completed. They expect that it will take the weekend and all should be back to normal on Monday. So, as of Friday, the system will be read-only, which means that no new posts will be allowed.

Please be patient this weekend. From what I understand, the new system will be much nicer.

CGRetired
    Moderator.
    Semper Paratus!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Correction. Yes, another one. You WILL be able to post in the forums.

Again, if something pops up, I'll keep everyone informed.

CGRetired.
    Semper Paratus!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

EDIT function seems to have disappeared again. Any hope it will reappear soon?
    Jon Lowe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll pass that on in the Moderators Forum.

CGr.
    Semper Paratus!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jon: I asked the powers to be about the edit function. He said that they (the software engineers) turned that feature off until the update is installed. I guess it somehow affects how things work that they don't want happening. but it will be turned on after the update is competed next week. We, mods, cannot edit either so if you need something edited, I guess you have to re-post.

Dick.
    Semper Paratus!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ken told me that the software folks forgot to turn on editing so they turned it on. But editing can only take place for the first minute after the post has been sent. That will get fixed back to 60 days soon.

Dick.
    Semper Paratus!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Be sure to report upgrade issues in the proper thread or they may not get seen and revolved:

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Thank you!