Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Xicoy brake and dual action valves????

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Xicoy brake and dual action valves????

Old 01-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Jetfan20
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xicoy brake and dual action valves????

Hi All,

Has anyone purchased the Xicoy Electronic Brake valve or Dual action valve that Dreamworks sells? If so, What's the verdict on these or is the jury still out?

Thanks in Advance!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:23 AM
martin_wam

Default RE: Xicoy brake and dual action valves????

I wondered the same. The prices are very competitive.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:41 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These have been around for a while now; does anyone have any experience with them?

How do they compare to the Jet-Tronic valves?
Old 02-08-2014, 09:05 AM
lookilook

i have just finished my F18 in which i have 3 double and one single xicoy valves.
gear/doors are through a jetronic sequenser!!!!!
although on the valves themselves you can see some printed instructions for me it was just plug and play, i just put air on the tanks and everything work since 2 weeks ago with no problems
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1150042.JPG
Views:	2774
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	1966533   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1150043.JPG
Views:	2742
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	1966534   Click image for larger version

Name:	P2040418.jpg
Views:	2781
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	1966535  
Old 02-08-2014, 11:47 AM
Ozmodeller

Originally Posted by Jetfan20
Hi All,

Has anyone purchased the Xicoy Electronic Brake valve or Dual action valve that Dreamworks sells? If so, What's the verdict on these or is the jury still out?

Thanks in Advance!
I have the brake valve in my T33, seems to work as advertised although the instructions (written on the body of the valve) are a little confusing, only time will tell if it will be long lasting although I know of another local flier who has had them installed in a couple of his jets for awhile and he is quite happy with them, plus you can't beat the prices.

Peter
Old 02-08-2014, 12:52 PM
number27

I have used both and find them very good. Better value for money than Jetronics. Just as easy to setup.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:46 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have 3 of the xicoy dual action valves in several jets. Just as good as my Jetronic valves and almost 1/2 the price!

Mike
Old 02-08-2014, 11:44 PM
stevekott

The label on the valve looks a little cheesy but the valves work GREAT. Just a little more compact than the Jettronics which worked well for me. I have had no problems with the two I installed.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:36 PM
Countryboy
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetfan20
Hi All,

Thanks in Advance!
Just ordered two of the Xicoy double action valves from DreamWorks and they seem to work as advertised. Programming was so easy, a cave man could do it. Time will tell how they last. Must have depleted DW stock as they show out of stock on the site. Must be a popular item as they were also out of stock not so long ago. Just installed one in my Eurosport to operate the speed brake, now just need to slow it down. Would be great if these valves incorporated someway of restricting the air flow.

http://www.dreamworksrc.com/catalog/...ectronic-Valve.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:23 AM
jescut

Hi Guys

I think that mine is not working properly. It is not working all the time. Do I made something wrong? I follow the instructions but nothing. Can anyone tell me how to set it up in case I made something wrong?
Old 06-06-2014, 03:47 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

I have one of the brake valves in my Shock. It leaked a little when I first set it up... but got a drop of oil in it seal, and it's been fine since.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:57 AM
lookilook

Originally Posted by jescut
Hi Guys

I think that mine is not working properly. It is not working all the time. Do I made something wrong? I follow the instructions but nothing. Can anyone tell me how to set it up in case I made something wrong?
I am not sure if you have the same problem i have on my F16 but when i switch on the rx the valve light is off. This is a protection so s to save the gears from retracting if you forget the switch in the ''up'' position. The is obvious only on my f16 where you can see the doors don't have air in the cylinder as they touch the gears.On my f18 this problem is not noticeable.According to the manufacturer you need to retract extend once and the valve is energized or you switch on the transmitter while you have the retract switch on the 'up' position then cycle it to down and then switch on the receiver.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:58 AM
szhsfghu

I wondered the same. The prices are very competitive.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:30 AM
jescut

Hi Guys

Anyone tried it with more than 100psi ?

I have my T45 and the front wheel retract to the front not to the back of the plane. I need more than 100psi for this matter as at 100psi it stuck in the middle with the air pressure drag.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:59 AM
turbinebuilder
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have both valves,both of them leaked from day one,i will go back to spending a little more money and go back to jet tronic.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:43 PM
mavrick
My Feedback: (1)

I have just put 2 into my Euro a single and a double tested them when doing the install but when I was doing my maiden the retract valve had Sh##t itself since found out of 3 more I probably wont buy them again.
Mav
Old 04-11-2015, 05:17 PM
Kenrico

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Bought a brake valve around October last year and it never worked. it does not release the air after breaking. it also twitches on and off by its self. I flew a friends jet with the same valve and that one seem to work perfect so I'm guessing I got a defective one. Dreamworks did say to return it for a replacement but I haven't done so.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:09 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Fwiw, I have a jetronic brake valve that failed out of the package. I have a sneaking suspicion that the internals are made in the same place with different packaging. I have a bunch of the xicoy valves, so far so good.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:59 PM
bri6672
My Feedback: (6)

I have several of both the 1 way and 2 way, all work perfectly and very reliable! I have used them up to 120 psi. If it didn't work it probably wasn't programed correctly. I have jettronics as well and they all work good. Xicoy are just better priced!
Old 04-12-2015, 02:56 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Talking

I have used these valves in several builds and found them to be very reliable and easy to use both for gear and brakes. A big plus is Its no small saving when you have to fit 2 or 3 duel valves and 1 or 2 single valve in a single airfram!
I have had 1 out of well over a dozen or more bought were it would not quite seal on one side of a duel vale but there was no quibble, my dealer simply exchanged it.

Perhaps there are other ways to set them up but one thing to note is when unpowered and again when first switched on the duel vales remain shut and inactive with no air out on ether outlet of the valve. That is to say air is held in the tanks but no air is fed through to the rams, brakes or retracts, so no air is locking the gear rams or holding doors open. Only when the retract switch is first activated "in ether direction" will the valve will spring in to life but of course in the direction you first throw the switch. This means that you have to have the switch set in the opposite direction to were you want the valve to activate too before you switch on your R/C. In other words if you have the model sat on its wheels you must have the gear switch in the up position when you switch on, that way when you first activate the switch the gear valve will become activate to "gear down" and save you the embarrassment of it collapsing in a big heap on the deck.

If anyone knows how to set them up differently let us know

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 04-12-2015 at 03:04 AM.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:36 AM
Colin Gontier

On the latest version of the dual action valve (from Nov 2014 onwards, identifiable by green LED's) it is actually possible to set the valve so the system is pressurised on startup. Gaspar and I had a mammoth email tennis session middle of last year as more people were using these valves in scale jets which would require at the very least the doors to be pressurised on startup. After discussing the pro's and cons he decided to bite the bullet and make the next batch work slightly differently.

The new valve covers both options - in factory delivered state it works as the old version did i.e. system not pressurised on startup but if you power up after programming then press the button it will switch to pressurised mode when powered up in the future. Best to power off after programming, the switch on again, check actions are correct then power off and power on again. At this point you can press the button to toggle pressurised status.

Last edited by Colin Gontier; 04-12-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:17 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Colin Gontier
On the latest version of the dual action valve (from Nov 2014 onwards, identifiable by green LED's) it is actually possible to set the valve so the system is pressurised on startup. Gaspar and I had a mammoth email tennis session middle of last year as more people were using these valves in scale jets which would require at the very least the doors to be pressurised on startup. After discussing the pro's and cons he decided to bite the bullet and make the next batch work slightly differently.

The new valve covers both options - in factory delivered state it works as the old version did i.e. system not pressurised on startup but if you power up with the button pressed it will switch to pressurised mode when powered up in the future.
The xicoy dual valve has been out of stock for some time at dreamworks?? Maybe this is due to the recent change you mentioned??
Vin...
Old 04-12-2015, 05:48 AM
mavrick
My Feedback: (1)

They must be back in stock now as I received a tracking No for my replacement on Friday.

Mav
Old 04-12-2015, 05:55 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mavrick
They must be back in stock now as I received a tracking No for my replacement on Friday.

Mav
From DreamWorks??
Old 04-12-2015, 09:15 AM
Mark Vandervelden

"The new valve covers both options - in factory delivered state it works as the old version did i.e. system not pressurised on start-up but if you power up with the button pressed it will switch to pressurised mode when powered up in the future."

Hello Colin,
Thanks for chiming in its always good to learn something new, "However" what you have said makes no sense to me, I've tried it and It doesn't or at least I cant get it to work?
My latest Xicoy valves as it happens are post November and do have green LEDs. To program them and enable them to recognise the switch position you are required to hold the button down wile powering up, this causes the green LED to blink once repeatedly, you then position the switch then press the button once more and it remembers and will now start to blink twice repeatedly, now you re-position the switch and press the button again to remember the second position. If you now switch the power off and start agian to program the vales to enable them it to be active on power up and allow air to keep the gear down or hold doors in place as you have described it simply enters the programing mode for setting switch positions. Have I misinterpreted your instruction?

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 04-12-2015 at 10:09 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.