Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help selecting right transmitter/reciever

Old 06-25-2016, 07:52 AM
smoketrailcharlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help selecting right transmitter/reciever

Fairly new to surface transmitters tho have been flying hellis and quads for sometime and have several 4 and 5 channel transmitters.Now I am toying with the idea of using one transmitter to operate a scratch built rescue boat or a crawler.I would like probably 4 channel able to operate at least 2 motors plus a winch and remotely controlled lights , Is it possible to keep it under $200.00 ?What brand and configuration should I look for and what questions should I ask the dealer? Thanks for any help.Keep the smoke INSIDE.Smoke trail Charlie.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:35 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by smoketrailcharlie
Fairly new to surface transmitters tho have been flying hellis and quads for sometime and have several 4 and 5 channel transmitters.Now I am toying with the idea of using one transmitter to operate a scratch built rescue boat or a crawler.I would like probably 4 channel able to operate at least 2 motors plus a winch and remotely controlled lights , Is it possible to keep it under $200.00 ?What brand and configuration should I look for and what questions should I ask the dealer? Thanks for any help.Keep the smoke INSIDE.Smoke trail Charlie.
You do not state your location so that may make a difference. If in the USA you will find it hard to beat the Tactic TX850. You can get it and a receiver or two for well under 2
$200 and it is probably the best buy for your money you can get right now. Lots of features, easy to program, inexpensive receivers and very versatile. It will handle the simplest of the systems yet can give you eight control channels and has a 30 model memory. Do yourself a big favor and at least check it out. It will handle planes, boats, helicopters, multi motored drones with just about any configuration you want.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:36 PM
smoketrailcharlie

Thank you Rodney .yes I am in the good old USA way up in Idaho I indeed will check out the tx850.again thanks
Old 06-25-2016, 02:41 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Charlie I just wanted to weigh in here in support of what Rodney has already posted about the relative inexpensive Tactic system and add one thing he forgot. That is all the tactic models has a 'cordless buddy cord system', is that an oxy moron? and any combination of any of the tactic models will buddy with each other?

Most will ask why cordless? and that a fair question. Here at my home field when Futaba came out with there cordless system some of us tried it out and what we found is a noticeable improvement in the students performance in terms of the quality of the learning and the speed of the learning. It may all be in the mind not having that cord hanging but the improvement is quite evident in just about every case. .

You may say I will never need it but never say never. Its very common for folks wanting to teach a family member or Maybe you just may want to get some buddy time on occasion with someone more versed in different things you may want to try. Perhaps some forms of aerobatics or night flying. Heck bet you daydreamed about that float flyer too, oh I got how about twins! Anyway the cordless systems are the very best way to do it.

John
Old 06-25-2016, 06:45 PM
smoketrailcharlie

John,Many thanks for your input I have never flown fixed wing but always had the hankering, my local field 70+miles away and first impressions they seemed less that helpful I hope that wasn't so .Will try again I don't understand a lot about rc and hope an old dog can learn new tricks.Does the reverse in a boat or crawler come from the transmitter or an E.S C ? Again John many thanks S.T.C.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:11 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to hear you had a negative first impression at your local club. I would give it another try and perhaps call their contact number(s) to connect with the right person beforehand. Do that and I am willing to bet you will come away an entirely different impression

Sorry my only connection with RC boats was only in the simplest form and long ago, so will defer your question on that stuff to someone else.

Hmm northern Idaho, I use to own an old log cabin near Bonners Ferry, wonderful country.

Enjoy the adventure, John
Old 06-26-2016, 05:06 AM
smoketrailcharlie

yes,John Laclede just west of sandpoint..Wouldnt want to live anywhere else.Will take your advise on the Club,Thanks much Smoke.