Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

HL t-90

Old 10-18-2016, 03:37 PM
Asmodeuss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HL t-90

I've seen an unboxing of the Heng Long russian T-90
I cannot find any retailers who have it... Does someone have any idea how I could get my hands on one?

Thanks.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:25 PM
borealis

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

It is available on ebay uk
Old 10-19-2016, 04:03 AM
tiger rampage

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I heard the end of this month. A US based eBay seller told me he should have them in by then.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:19 AM
Scaleman3

The best price is www.hayaltd.co.uk/ but the shipping is expensive. If you can wait, US will have them by the end of OCT. and I have a guy. Where are you located?
Old 10-19-2016, 08:35 AM
Asmodeuss

Thanks alot for the fast reply!
Indeed, it is quite the expensive HL and I will wait to get more familiar with the RC universe.

I think my choice for my first RC tank will be a ztz-99 or the leo 2a6. This way if I screw things up it will be less painfull on the wallet.
Unless someone has another suggestion (brandwise) Heng Long looks like the best starting point in the hobby. Am I right?
Old 10-19-2016, 08:36 AM
Asmodeuss

Originally Posted by Scaleman3
The best price is www.hayaltd.co.uk/ but the shipping is expensive. If you can wait, US will have them by the end of OCT. and I have a guy. Where are you located?
I am in northen Quebec, in Canada.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:30 AM
Scaleman3

You are right. Take a look at the Challenger 2, it's a big Heng Long Tank and the most bang for your buck if you like modern MBT's. I see your in Canada, www.matomart.com sells in your area and it's $199.00 + shipping. What makes this tank nice is that it is a new tank from Heng Long with no cutouts on the bottom of the hull where they moved the smoke unit and volume control, it's all on the 2.4, version 3, radio now. If your stuck on the ZTZ99 they have that too but I believe in 27MHZ which you don't want. It's $179.00 + shipping, but I would stick with the Chally2. Or if you want you can look for a used HL, they come on this site once in awhile.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:26 PM
Rocketgamerpie

Originally Posted by Scaleman3
You are right. Take a look at the Challenger 2, it's a big Heng Long Tank and the most bang for your buck if you like modern MBT's. I see your in Canada, www.matomart.com sells in your area and it's $199.00 + shipping. What makes this tank nice is that it is a new tank from Heng Long with no cutouts on the bottom of the hull where they moved the smoke unit and volume control, it's all on the 2.4, version 3, radio now. If your stuck on the ZTZ99 they have that too but I believe in 27MHZ which you don't want. It's $179.00 + shipping, but I would stick with the Chally2. Or if you want you can look for a used HL, they come on this site once in awhile.
Abso correct except 199 is the usd price. Chally 2 a great pick and a VERY recent model from a company that changed its attitude just prior to the chally 2 release. recent heng longs are hands down better models. that being said i own both the heng long leopard 2 and the heng long ztz 99. i think the scale of the ztz99 is off a bit it seems wide for a t72. that being said my leopard is scale and awesome and theres also no aftermarket for the ztz99 and the heng long leo 2a6 has a massive aftermarket. additionally as far as upgrades go just put your first hobby dollars in the transmission and sprockets. happy hobbying!

EDIT: Matomart Ships TANKS out of ontario and ships PARTS out of china. youre going to find the best price and shipping is matomart.com period. [im not sponsored by them ive just dealt with the question before because im also a canuck]

Last edited by Rocketgamerpie; 10-19-2016 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 10-19-2016, 01:51 PM
Scaleman3

Good one Rocketgamerpie, I got the chally 2 over the Leo because I liked the Chally color over green, but your right the aftermarket stuff is great. So there you go Asmodeuss, the HL Chally or Leo, the most for your buck! There both basically the same MBT and here you have a color option, tan or green.

Last edited by Scaleman3; 10-19-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:58 PM
Asmodeuss

Wow! Thanks for all the infos. It was exactly the sort of disscution I wanted to have. And... If I got this right, the fact that I absolutly want the metal transmission, sprocket and tracks I should start with the leo with metal upgrades from Mato and work my way up(as wallet allows) with roadwheels, suspension and electronics. Btw, I am in no way expert on electronic but the Heng Long stuff seems a tad on the toy side. Is there a way to convert the receiver and transmitter to something more like a futaba quality?

I've been doing models for quite a while now, for magazines and private colectors, but always in th 1/35th scale. Now I want the darn thing to come alive I feel like a newb again and, it is awesome to find people eager to share the knowledge.
Scaleman3 and Rocketgamerpie (go Canada) Thx again!
Old 10-19-2016, 07:16 PM
pcsguy88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly, the 3rd gen 2.5 is well beyond toy. Very responsive, huge improvement over the old RF. It has sped up and drastically improved the driving of all my old tanks. Only thing lacking is sound and barrel elevation, but the T-90 box seems to fix both.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:16 AM
Asmodeuss

Thx for the info PCS. I am digesting all of those input, I hope I'll come up with some not too much moronic decision
Old 10-20-2016, 09:53 AM
pcsguy88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just get an all plastic version with the 2.5 controller with volume and smoke buttons on the controller, then get a good set of steel gears and drive the piss out of it for a couple months. It takes hours and hours and hours of driving to get a new tank loosened up and running right. Treads stretch, gears break in, roadwheels roll and the chassis settles in.

After it stops smelling new and you have fiddled with the tracks and such to get it running to your preference, then you can start deciding on what to switch to metal and such. I think you will find you need less than you thought. I'm sure we have all metaled up a tank to the point it actually runs worse than it did out of the box, but at the prices of upgrades, we keep the parts on the tank and convince ourselves it's better.

My prefered setup is metal sprockets, idlers, swingarms and roadwheels with plastic tracks.

Last edited by pcsguy88; 10-20-2016 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:56 AM
Asmodeuss

I think I can manage something like that!
Old 10-21-2016, 04:58 AM
Asmodeuss

[QUOTE=Rocketgamerpie;12268927] i think the scale of the ztz99 is off a bit it seems wide for a t72.

I havent checked the blue prints on this one but this is what I know: WZ-123 are not t-72s Norinco based their desing on the t-72 chassis for sure, but they retro engineered the whole thing just like the Mengshi which is a copied hummer. So, your tank is probably to scale as other HL recent offerings. I am no rivet counter, but I like my rivets to be at the right places
Btw, I found all sort of AM for the ZTZ, I may go this way and upgrade the electronics. I must say the WZ-123 (early version) is one of my favorite modern mbt subject with the russian T-72 (all variant)

Width is 3.4 m and lenght is 11.0m

Last edited by Asmodeuss; 10-21-2016 at 05:03 AM. Reason: omission
Old 10-21-2016, 10:23 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The new T90 has the upgraded sound, and Mato will have it before Christmas. If you are patient, that is probably the tank to get. Has independent barrel elevation as well. The other tanks are good but you wil be wanting to upgrade the electronics, on the T 90 they might just be good enough to leave alone

Cheers

Dan
Old 10-21-2016, 12:27 PM
Rocketgamerpie

[QUOTE=Asmodeuss;12269485]
Originally Posted by Rocketgamerpie
i think the scale of the ztz99 is off a bit it seems wide for a t72.

I havent checked the blue prints on this one but this is what I know: WZ-123 are not t-72s Norinco based their desing on the t-72 chassis for sure, but they retro engineered the whole thing just like the Mengshi which is a copied hummer. So, your tank is probably to scale as other HL recent offerings. I am no rivet counter, but I like my rivets to be at the right places
Btw, I found all sort of AM for the ZTZ, I may go this way and upgrade the electronics. I must say the WZ-123 (early version) is one of my favorite modern mbt subject with the russian T-72 (all variant)

Width is 3.4 m and lenght is 11.0m
Im going to be taking advantage of the fact that it has an AM RX18 to drop in an RC5HL from rc tanks australia so i can get a 2.4 under 100 including radio. then ill consider using a Benedini TBS mini as they have AWESOME sound. The fun with these is detailing and making it your own. I find the plastic tracks great and an aftermarket gearbox will be a necessity eventually. If your fascination with the ZTZ-99 is from a modeling perspective then i reccomend it. however it cant go without saying the electronics in the matomart model are AM, which is not ideal. as far as if its in scale, here you go!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20161021_161320.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	2186864   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161021_161351.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	2186865  
Old 10-21-2016, 02:25 PM
Asmodeuss

[QUOTE=Rocketgamerpie;12269616]
Originally Posted by Asmodeuss

Im going to be taking advantage of the fact that it has an AM RX18 to drop in an RC5HL from rc tanks australia so i can get a 2.4 under 100 including radio. then ill consider using a Benedini TBS mini as they have AWESOME sound. The fun with these is detailing and making it your own. I find the plastic tracks great and an aftermarket gearbox will be a necessity eventually. If your fascination with the ZTZ-99 is from a modeling perspective then i reccomend it. however it cant go without saying the electronics in the matomart model are AM, which is not ideal. as far as if its in scale, here you go!
Awesome plan you got there Rocket! thx for the tape in pics They will answer the widht question for sure. I may just go the same path as you with this particular tank. It is getting clearer in my head now.

Dan: The t 90 is definitly in my scope but I'll wait till the price drop....Got a new house, a young boy and another one on the way Psheeeeeew! hard on the wallet
Old 10-21-2016, 02:27 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MATO would be the best choice in Canada.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:30 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pcsguy88
Just get an all plastic version with the 2.5 controller with volume and smoke buttons on the controller, then get a good set of steel gears and drive the piss out of it for a couple months. It takes hours and hours and hours of driving to get a new tank loosened up and running right. Treads stretch, gears break in, roadwheels roll and the chassis settles in.

After it stops smelling new and you have fiddled with the tracks and such to get it running to your preference, then you can start deciding on what to switch to metal and such. I think you will find you need less than you thought. I'm sure we have all metaled up a tank to the point it actually runs worse than it did out of the box, but at the prices of upgrades, we keep the parts on the tank and convince ourselves it's better.

My prefered setup is metal sprockets, idlers, swingarms and roadwheels with plastic tracks.
Yeah, what he said.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:35 PM
Asmodeuss

Panther G: I read you loud and clear! My choice stoped on the ZTZ because Mato got the package with metal transmission, sprocket/iddlers and tracks for 300$ cad for the time being I want to try this hobby out for a reasonnable price. That said I am going to change the electronics in it during next year. Any recomendation as far as transmiter-receiver goes?
Old 10-21-2016, 02:56 PM
Rocketgamerpie

Cheap out on the tx/rx for now. hobbyking bargain bin at first based on your budget limitations. ~30 bucks usd will get you a 2.4 6 channel
Old 10-21-2016, 02:59 PM
Asmodeuss

Wow! thanks for the heads up Rocket! Right kind of deal for me
Old 11-01-2016, 09:26 PM
RCfans2016

Anyone received the henglong T90 yet?
Old 11-02-2016, 07:38 AM
mordock999

Got mine over a month ago from the UK. Opened the box and looked it over, but haven't had time to play with it yet. Looks good though. I got the version with the metal tracks and gearboxes. You will need a UK to US A/C plug adapter for the battery charging cable....,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.