Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Formula Fastech Nitro to Brushless conversion

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Formula Fastech Nitro to Brushless conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 12:25 PM
bigcam406

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Formula Fastech Nitro to Brushless conversion

I have 2 fastech nitros,want to convert one of them to brushless.i was thinking of using the motor and esc out of the Shockwave26 v3 bl,to keep it simple.i don't want a speed demon,just for pleasure,as im sure it will be quick enough with the 1500kv motor.my question is,i have never done this before,so im new at this sort of thing.just wondering how I would hook up the esc to the existing radio.do I have to remove anything? anybody have any experience in conversions? any help would be appreciated.thanks
Old 07-10-2013, 02:45 PM
bigcam406

Default RE: Formula Fastech Nitro to Brushless conversion

anyone?
Old 07-10-2013, 04:41 PM
captain bill
My Feedback: (3)

Love the fastech, fun little boat. Sounds like a fun project, I think the hardest part might be fabricating the motor mount. Make sure the motor is compatible with the drive line, flex cable? Re rout the water plumbing for the esc. Remove the throttle servo from the receiver and plug in the esc, pay attention to polarity.  Might be a good time to upgrade from the original radio and receiver if you haven't already. Might have to experiment with battery location and prop for the proper ride. I'm sure I have left out some important details, maybe a more experienced boat builder will chime in. Good luck.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:19 PM
bigcam406

thanks for the reply.your right about the mount,im going to be using the motor and esc of off of the Impulse.im pretty sure the mount off the brushless Fastech will work,just have to do some checking.