Notices

OS .32 muffler gasket

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 08:46 PM
chefmarkt69
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OS .32 muffler gasket

My OS .32 muffler gasket is shot, what should I use to replace it?
Old 07-25-2013, 05:27 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts
Default RE: OS .32 muffler gasket

Nothing.

Just clean the surfaces and bolt it up.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:44 AM
chefmarkt69

Thank you for the info and quick response, I notcied that there was a gasket there already. What happened it that it came loose and was hanging off the heli. So Ishut it down let it cool off and went to bolt it back together and there was the old gasket. Ipushed the old gasket back on and bolted it back on the motor. Yesterday Iwas flying and it seemed that there was a leek coming from that area of where the pipe bolts to the motor. So should Itake it off completely and clean off the old gasket and the re bolt it on with nothing? Again thank you for all the help and great info. By the way did you see my post on the blinking red like on my spektrum AR600? It was the radio.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:54 AM
BarracudaHockey

I did see that post.

Yes, we run them without gaskets all the time, none of mine have them, I take them out and throw them in the trash.

Sometimes with used engines you may need a little RTV or 5 minute epoxy. If you use RTV use a VERY THIN smear, just enough to tint the surface red, you don't want it squeezing out into the exhaust port. A very thin smear of epoxy will work as well, just enough to fill any imperfections in the mating surfaces.

If you really want to do it right, face the muffler flange with fine emery paper on a sheet of glass but that's getting into something you need to do right or just use a thin gasket.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:32 AM
chefmarkt69

Andy,
Thank you I have to say I have only been flying my raptors for 3 months and Ilove them! I am at the point of hovering about 3 feet off the ground and doing boxes. I have only been flying in a parking lot next to my house. I always get a ton of crap from all the guys flying electric and flybarless, they are funny " here comes the guy with nitro and a really old heli! LOL I just love them. They are like old cars to me they never get old! Have a good day.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:29 AM
chefmarkt69

Andy,
I flew yesterday after fixing the muffler the way you mentioned it worked perfect! Thank you again.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:36 PM
BarracudaHockey

Glad I could help