Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

Maisto Rock Crawler

Old 03-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Liger of Awesome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maisto Rock Crawler

Hey stw9495
Do you happen to know the size of the maisto crawler?
Old 05-26-2012, 08:42 PM
SA RCfan

Hi guys, I want to buy this truck and put in and esc and a servo for the steeing. I will be able to do all of this but are not sure how to sort out the steering part. Is a servo just a drop-in or do you need to mod the front extensively? I will run it with a 900mah 7.4V lipo pack to give it a bit more power and to make it a bit lighter.

Or cant you use the original steering equipment with an esc? Its steering does not have to be proportional, only the speed of the drive motors.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:05 AM
biged87

I am a novice to the R/C world and I modified my 5 year olds Rock Crawler with a 9.6v battery and waterproofed the electronics. 

The issue I have now is the front motor is dead (from water and mudding) and I have pulled it out.  I noticed others have put in a different front motor. I have a few questions... Where can I buy one?  The stock motor has a metal gear on it, does that come off?  The metal gear has what looks to me to be wear marks but I have to figure thats how it was made because the other gears in it are plastic and could not have tore up metal. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:45 AM
emcentee

OK, I'm convinced.

I'm pretty new to RC, having just recently bought a Traxxas Slash 4x4 Patinum.

I've decided I also want to my hand at Rock Crawling and have decided this Maisto is the way to go.

I'm going to stop on my way home from work today and see if Wally World has one in stock.
The first mod I want to do is change up the battery system for a Lipo battery.
Being new, I'm still a little confused on which battery to get.
Would this one work?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXLL9&P=7

If not, can someone provide me with a link to one that would?
Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:04 AM
vwmaniacx

Ran a crossed this when I was looking up redcat rs10 stuff. Figured i would post my modifications. BB'd wheels, and a few other mods that you can see.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG01662_zpsee8880c7.jpg
Views:	875
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	1955406   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG01671_zpsc8a3cf8a.jpg
Views:	987
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1955407   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG01681_zpsb72d9d95.jpg
Views:	983
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1955408  
Old 07-26-2014, 02:44 PM
cpgoose

Hi folks - sorry to drag open an old topic, but i was curious if someone had a picture of both sides of the PCB? Something is wrong with our rock crawler, and it just won't respond to the remote anymore and i can't figure out why. If I apply battery voltage directly to the motor wires they work, so I've sort of ruled out the motors being bad. Any thoughts on what could have died that now prevents the crawler from responding?
Old 08-25-2014, 05:55 PM
domer1234

Nowaday I play traxxas nitro car. That so fun and any problem.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:18 PM
RustedRC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are kinda cool. i have one and did the battery mod to it. that adds a bit more power. i also did the 4 wheel steering mod and that was cool to. i've floated mine in big mud holes in the woods(that i don't recommend unless you waterproof the board and the switch as well) and it keep going. it looked cool paddling the tires while floating to keep it going and it made it. only thing i've had problems with is the steering.no bearings so with mud/dirt/sand the knuckles and drive cups wear down.so the steering gets real sloppy. but keep it out of water it should last for a bit but for 30-35 bucks just play with it go crazy and have some fun.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:41 AM
Twistedteddy

These things r up to 50plus here n fl. Which is astranomical for this toy.. and how am I the only one to strip all the drive gears in the front in TWO different trucks. Theyre garbage. I dont play with them ne more.