Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

2nd Gear equals Stall ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 11:40 AM
BillinIndiana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd Gear equals Stall ?

I have an old T-Maxx that has the .15 Pro in it. It was running well but has developed a problem. When I give it full throttle it will excellerate fine until it reaches where the transmission shifts to 2nd and that stalls it. What would cause this?
Old 07-12-2013, 03:15 PM
BillinIndiana

Default RE: 2nd Gear equals Stall ?

I put a new glow plug in but get the same results. I messed with the idle control screw a little because it would also lunge when at idle once the engine warms up.
I have my high speed set at 2 3/8 turns... I can't get it figured out today, seems like if I stomp on the trigger it just bogs or floods itself out. That's even holding it up off the ground where it doesn't have a load on the tires.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:51 AM
vxlsteve

SET YO OUT FROM CLOSED.ADJUSTING HSN UNTIL WOT RUNS REAL GOOD THEN ADJUSTING LSN BY PINCHING FUEL LINE OFF ABOUT 1 INCH AWAY FROM CARB. MAKE A FEW WOT PASSES THEN PINCH OFF FUEL LINE IF IT RUNS 3 TO 4 SECONDSVIDLES HI N SHUTS OFF UR ALMOST PERFECT..IF IT DOES IT IN 2 SECONDS IT'S TO LEAN RICHEN LSN 1/8 TURN IF IT GOES 4 TO 5 SECONDS REV AND DIES YOUR TO RICH LEAN LSNL 1/8 TURN. WHEN YOU HAVE THEM TWO RIGHT SET IDLE SO WITH WHEELS OFF GROUND TURN IDLE SCREW UNTIL WHEELS STOPP TURNING...WITH THOSE SETTINGS IF IT STALLS GOIN TO 2ND U MIGHT WANT TO OPEN TRANS. AND SEE WHY..
HOPE THIS HELPS..
ALSO IT'S NOT EASY OR FAST TO TUNE A NITRO ENGINEUR NEEDLES BACK TO FACTORY HSN 4 TURNS OUT FROM CLOSED SET LSN 1 1/2 TO 1 3/4
Old 07-13-2013, 02:57 AM
vxlsteve

MISSED 1ST PART.SET NEEDLES BACK TO FACTORY ..HSN 4 TURNS OUT FROM CLOSED ..SET LSN ONE AND A HALF TO ONE N THREE QUARTERS OUT FROM CLOSED...THEN RUN THE WOT PASSES UNTIL IT'S RUNNING GOOD BY ADJUSTING HSN ONLY N.YOU WANT A LIGHT TRAIL OF SMOKE THE WHOLE TIME ...AFTER U GET THAT.:... SET LSN WITH PINCH TEST I EXPLAINED THE REST UP ABOVE ..
Old 07-13-2013, 10:22 AM
BillinIndiana

Thanks I'll try that.. Pretty sure the smaller .15 motor tuning specs calls for 2 1/2 turns on the HSN, but I'll look again

PS.. Those caps mess with my eyes when trying to decipher your message