RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas Monster Truck forum (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/)
-   -   Traxxas Truggy (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/5645141-traxxas-truggy.html)

jessemxt 03-31-2007 03:47 PM

Traxxas Truggy

I would like to see traxxas build a truggy a fast one that has pivot ball suspension and all that tough stuff what do you guys think bad idea or good idea

BrendanS 03-31-2007 04:02 PM

RE: Traxxas Truggy

Quote:

ORIGINAL: jessemxt

I would like to see traxxas build a truggy a fast one that has pivot ball suspension and all that tough stuff what do you guys think bad idea or good idea
good idea but i still doubt they will make it as tough as a crt or mbx5t.

REVO_RACER 03-31-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: xfactor78

Quote:

Actually i think they would have a pretty decent race truck. Look at the REVO and T-MAXX there the best race trucks (T-MAXX used to be the truck to have back in the day) i think they will come with another Groundbreaking R/C.

jessemxt 03-31-2007 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is a home made trevo

REVO_RACER 03-31-2007 04:12 PM

Thats not yours is it?

BrendanS 03-31-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: REVO_RACER

Quote:

ORIGINAL: xfactor78

Quote:

Actually i think they would have a pretty decent race truck. Look at the REVO and T-MAXX there the best race trucks (T-MAXX used to be the truck to have back in the day) i think they will come with another Groundbreaking R/C.
yeah but the t-maxx and revo's are not the most durable around. I'm not trying to be negative but I jsut don't think it will be nearly as good quality as the mugens or hong nors.

-EXTRA- 03-31-2007 04:28 PM

i think it would be a good idea..

dight1 03-31-2007 04:40 PM

the new nitro rustler from traxxas they just re-invented it and the nitro stampede. The rustler looks a bit like a truggy now and looks pretty cool check it out on www.traxxas.com

rcdudegermy10 03-31-2007 04:54 PM

I think it'd be awesome if Traxxas made a truggy, they have made some of the best and most popular trucks out today....(revo, T-Maxx, Jato)....it'd be on my list

jessemxt 03-31-2007 11:35 PM

no I wish it is some guy that made it from scratch he is a badass fabricator it doesn't hurt his wallet is fat either

Ken448 04-01-2007 06:29 AM

IMO, if Traxxas was smart, they'd be looking to build an E-Revo.

walkingcarpet900 04-05-2007 03:36 PM

the 2007 traxxas nitro ruster is kinda like a truggy

Kdog3.3 04-05-2007 08:38 PM

the new rustler is a jato with different tires and only 1speed. But the original jato was a rustler with different tires and a 2speed. They just downgraded the jato 2.5[sm=72_72.gif]

smaxx3.3 04-05-2007 08:44 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: dight1

the new nitro rustler from traxxas they just re-invented it and the nitro stampede. The rustler looks a bit like a truggy now and looks pretty cool check it out on www.traxxas.com
what? they didn't do anything but change the body and wheels. the chassis wasn't changed at all.

Jareth 04-05-2007 08:52 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Kdog3.3

the new rustler is a jato with different tires and only 1speed. But the original jato was a rustler with different tires and a 2speed. They just downgraded the jato 2.5[sm=72_72.gif]
They're very different. Look at the chassis layout and all of the components. It's hard to find anything similiar except for the engine. Even if the transmission is the same (I don't think it is), it be like comparing a Revo 3.3 and a T-maxx 3.3.

On topic:
I think a truggy really is the only other direction for Traxxas to go. Traxxas would probably have a hard time trying to sell a new monster truck over all the similiarly priced truggies around. For example, the Revo 3.3 and the Jammin X1-CRT RTR.

Dale Gribble 04-05-2007 08:56 PM

I am so tired of Traxxas's regurgitated bullhonkey. Seriously. So tired of it. This year they have rereleased the Bandit, E-Stampede, E-Rustler, 2.5R Maxx, Nitro Rustler, Nitro Sport and most recently the Nitro Stampede--- STILL WITH THE PRO .15!

2007 has been their year of the regurgitated Traxxas crap. Granted the 3.3 Jato, 3.3 Revo, 3.3 Maxx and 3.3 4Tec are pretty sweet, and I would happily have anyone of those.

11 re-releases by my count in 06-07!!! Grey plastic and better bodies doesn't count as new and exciting. The E-Maxx is getting dated, and they haven't done anything innovating since 04 with the original Revo release.

Dale Gribble 04-05-2007 08:59 PM

Also, look at how much cool crap is coming out- 1/16 scale nitro minis, 1/36 scale minis, Losi is kickin ass (LST2 + Aftershock + Muggy + E8IGHT), Associated has a nice new Buggy with I am sure a Truggy to follow, HPI has the Hellfire, Firestorm, Team Magic did a cool buggy, and Traxxas is just hanging out and sustaining existing line.

Oh yeah 1/6 scale is getting huge (that 5b is amazing), Losi released a brushless RTR, Associated released the TC5, Tamiya released the Hi-Lift F350, and on and on...

Nitr0-is-Deadly 04-05-2007 09:23 PM

traxxas is gonna come out with a big block buggy...thats my prediction

ttoks 04-05-2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Nitro Stampede--- STILL WITH THE PRO .15!
the pro .15 is still out there for beginers, a novice is gonna have trouble controling a rustler with a 2.5 in it, the .15 pro is a very good engine for a beginer

anyway ontopic, i would also like to see traxxas build a truggy, maybe also a larger engine, a 1/10 or 1/8 scale buggy, and a shaft driven on road would all be good

Dale Gribble 04-05-2007 09:53 PM

I would like to see anything from Traxxas new right now.

-EXTRA- 04-06-2007 01:33 PM

yes,true.even a 1/8 scale truck would be cool,but a truggy would hit the spot [8D]

kody06 04-06-2007 01:53 PM

the revo is a truggy its not a monster truck thats for sure

Jareth 04-06-2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: kody06

the revo is a truggy its not a monster truck thats for sure
Revo has a center gear box, not a center differential. Also, it has almost nothing in common with a buggy.