Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
GP Pitts End Strut Bracket Help >

GP Pitts End Strut Bracket Help

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

GP Pitts End Strut Bracket Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 01:32 PM
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Pitts End Strut Bracket Help

I am getting close to finishing my Pitts. I have installed all the brackets on the wing and when I put the top wing on and tried to align the end struts, the top wing brackets were way off. I looks like the brackets are over bent. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what is the fix?

FYI
To better support the brackets, I cut into the wing and beefed up the bracing. Once that was done I installed 4-40 threaded inserts, with this mod I don't have to worry about cracking or stripping the wood bracing and it feels more solid.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:43 PM
My Feedback: (46)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey sticks:
Had the same problem with mine, I removed the brackets & bent the brackets to the correct angle & reinstalled them, now all ok
Old 08-29-2002, 10:05 AM
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a search and you will find a lot said on this---(me too)--I just lined up the wings and set the incendence on the top wing at
-1 degree and plugged the old holes and drilled new ones. Flys Super!--be sure you are connected to something solid in the fuse--even if you have to install it yourself.