Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Club 40
 Club 40, 424, 426 & 4 Really Fast >

Club 40, 424, 426 & 4 Really Fast

Community
Search
Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

Club 40, 424, 426 & 4 Really Fast

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 09:23 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Club 40, 424, 426 & 4 Really Fast

In response to Ken Erickson’s comment over on the (Club 40 Mufflers thread) Ken I believe and I could be wrong in thinking this way but it seems to me that the Club 40 pylon racing is simple inexpensive and relatively easy to find a place to race them! In response to the hot sticks moving up to the 424, 426 Q planes is most of these guys already have these planes and are very well established pilots in pylon racing, IMAC, pattern and scale events! They just really enjoy racing Club 40 because of the competition and the cost of one of the planes & motors. In my opinion there would be allot more of the what I would call professional pylon racers involved in Club 40 if they tried it out! The 3 pole pylon racing has a firm tradition on pylon racing and I would not want to take away from that tradition but it takes allot of work to put a 3 pole event on and the workers to run it and then you have to have a big enough flying field to support the event. I have a 424 that I have not flown in two years! There is just nothing around the Texas area to support it. I know for a fact that Texas has some of the best pylon races that the country has to offer but between the NAT’s and Arizona that’s about all the Q stuff running! Bottom line is the Club 40 racing is growing and it’s fun and not expansive to get into and we are having bigger events than we have had in past years and now with the first nationals coming up in Waco on Oct 13 & 14. I know this is not what I would call a level playing field but I know from firsthand experience flying with the professionals has made me a better pilot and what I have learned from them would take a lifetime to learn on your own! I'm sure that Club 40 has been a big plus in pylon racing!

Gary
Old 09-06-2012, 09:57 AM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Club 40, 424, 426 & 4 Really Fast

Well spoken Gary.
Im feeling just like you are about the 424,426 and quickie stuff.
No, Ive never raced in one of those events and honestly do not care to. The cost is just too high for me PLUS there is just no one around here that is racing them locally. I think the only Q races and the other 4** series are held over in Georgia once or twice a year at Mac Hodges place ? Just look at all the talk and fun that we here in Bama as well as you guys out in Texas have had with C40 in the past couple years. It simply works!!!
Club40 racing does everything that I could ask for regarding racing planes. What is not to like about it? Its fun, relatively inexpensive compared to other type of plane racing and there are quite a few pilots wanting to race in this series that are wanting to see the tradition continue.
As long as we dont dicker around and start changing the current rules that are out there, I see no reason that C40 will not continue to be an exciting venue for everyone .
Its sorta like taking a poll to see what kind of restaurants folks want to eat at,.... build it and offer good food and folks will keep coming back for more. Just my .02 worth on it.
Thanks,
John

edit... I also want to say I certainly am not knocking the guys that fly other types of pylon racing. My hat is off to them for doing it as it is a faster paced type of racing and takes some good hands on the sticks to do it.