Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
 Anyone Know This Light Fingered Louie >

Anyone Know This Light Fingered Louie

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Anyone Know This Light Fingered Louie

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 05:58 PM
My Feedback: (56)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know, I used to sell at Toledo and then a couple years back they hit me for 2 Align Special Edition T-Rexx's as well as other stuff and the next day when I jumped the Security guards who were still having their coffee about getting the lights turned on so we could see what was going on they got real upset and threatened to send me to jail or kick me out. They absolutely were not doing their job and I told them that. I asked that they be upstairs and walking around after the doors were open and they couldn't see where that might be a deterrent. It was very upsetting and I haven't been back since.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:13 PM
My Feedback: (44)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thieves at my R/C club

I recently spoke with one of our P.G.R.C. club officers and was saddened to hear that our R/C club has AGAIN experienced thefts (un specified ) at the club field
Since I have been a member of this club on and off since 1971, one thing sticks in my crawl ,and that being in years past thefts were unthinkable and NOW they are increasing...

Last edited by ramcfarland; 01-26-2018 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:38 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Stealing does happen. I used to race boats in Hobart,IN. The CD had 2 props stolen worth at least $135.00 each as they were custom-made. The problem is that the race in held right in the middle of town so plenty of locals show up to watch as it was the only thing the village had as far as any events go. The problem is if if a local grabbed them up as a trinket or another racer as unfortunately his pit area was easily accessible by anyone walking by. We used to use radio impound areas until the 2.4 Gig radios came about.

This Light-Fingered Louie was outed by his former fellow club members as he worked a lot of East-coast swap meets but went further inland to hit the Toledo Show. He's a known face there now but it may continue to happen if a booth doesn't have enough help and are busy with other customers.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no excuse for stealing. I'm sure if your retirement isnt cutting it and you really want to fly, then ask people for stuff they arent using. pay a little at a time whatever. dont steal.
Old 01-02-2020, 01:52 PM

dam
Old 01-12-2020, 11:19 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No excuse for this geezer to do that kind of crap- prob been doing it his entire life- somebody has to know him
Old 06-17-2020, 04:06 AM

I wish! Daniel (the vendor in this video) told me about this guy 20 minutes after he discovered the little old pilferer.... fortunately the video has been making the rounds..
hopefully he'll be noticed at someone's local field...