Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
 Compare CX2 vs. Relfex:  Which is better "value"? >

Compare CX2 vs. Relfex: Which is better "value"?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Compare CX2 vs. Relfex: Which is better "value"?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 03:31 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compare CX2 vs. Relfex: Which is better "value"?

I've had this debate in the past, I own a heavily modified CX2 and have only flown a Reflex a couple times. Granted the CX2 is a better helicopter all around but it's entry fee is $190 and most will have $300 plus after a few crashes, replacement parts add up quick and blades are $1 each (i've been through a few as most since the break at the slightest impact)

Reflexes are $65 ballpark and the one I flew did a decent job hovering around the house. I'm convinced the CX2 is NOT good at ouside flight or any kind of fast foward flight as it becomes highly unstable and expensive crashes result. Therefore, you have a very nice (read expensive) inside heli that is adept at hoving.

Which in your opinion is a better value given the performance they are capable of?
Old 02-24-2008, 05:35 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Compare CX2 vs. Relfex: Which is better "value"?

i havent flown the CX2, but i have flown the reflex and own walkeras little 5#6 coax heli. the reflex is fun, but the walkera (basically a tiny version of the CX2) is awesome. i've had my 5#6 for a week now and have around 30 flights on it and all i've broken is the flimsy little plastic tail and one ball socket for the top flybar. the tail boom was redone in CF rod and the ball socket was fixed with epoxy. parts are cheap and pleantiful too.

i get at least 6 minutes of flight time with the stock 400mah lipo. all i have for heli experience is 2 weeks of crashing a GWS dragonfly about 2 years ago, and a few months on a simulator when i had G3 last winter, and even on the first flight i could hover well enough. i've taken it outside a couple times and it doesnt like much wind, but it can handle 5mph or less - wich isnt bad for a 55 gram heli. forward flight can be pretty darn quick for such a small craft, seems pleanty stable too at speed - even for my skill lacking fingers.

i can fly mine down hallways and through doors and into rooms of the house without much problem, since the rotors are only 1.5 inches longer than those of the picco/havoc heli. i got mine at a hobby shop for about 125 dollars, but i've seen it even cheaper on ebay. i dont know how the CX2 compares to the 5#6, but if the CX2 can do what the 5#6 does, it'll out perform the reflex about a hundred times over.

here's a clip of someones 5#6 flying fast outside:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoQ1wlEdLLY

nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91691.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	887664   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt60396.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	887665   Click image for larger version