Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
 MicroGear heli auto-rotating issue >

MicroGear heli auto-rotating issue

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

MicroGear heli auto-rotating issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MicroGear heli auto-rotating issue

Hey guys,
Well, I was given a MicroGear indoor heli that was bought from Frys a while ago. I charged it up and popped in fresh AAs into the Tx and turned it on. The heli instantly starts spinning counter clockwise. No matter how much I play with the trim adjuster on the left side, I cant get it to stop auto-rotating. If I unplug the tail motor, the heli doesnt spin as fast, but still spins. I reversed the pin position in the rear and main rotor motors trying different combos but it still wont stop auto rotating. Ive noticed the the rear tail prop pushes the heli the same way the top blade spin it. Could it have possibly been put on the wrong way?
Here are some pics that were taken with my laptop's built in webcam so bare with the quality:

I was thinking of heating up the part that is glued on the tail and inverting it. Im kinda bummed that this doesnt work. Guess Ill have to suffice with the Walmart $25 airhog PiccoZ fro indoor.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:34 PM

Default RE: MicroGear heli auto-rotating issue

seems backwards
Old 03-06-2008, 11:01 PM

Thats what I waas thinking. Any idea on how to flip it? Would heating the glued part allow me to pull it off? Would the tail fin need to be tilted back downward since it would be facing upward if I flipped it?

EDIT: I jumped on tower and started to browse the micro heils. Every heli i looked at had the prop on the other side. Any ideas on how to heat the glue up connecting the tail piece without catching the motor on fire?
Old 03-07-2008, 01:29 AM

hmm, well if you dont put direct heat on the motor it should be fine, motors can stand pretty hot heat especially when their off. Just dont melt the wire. Hold the heat gun on the connector part of 5 second intervals. After 3-5 times try to pull it off. Thats all i can say. my helicopter tail section comes on by a screw not glue
Old 03-07-2008, 01:41 AM

I took the reciever off and was able to access the square insert that the tail pole is in. I just pulled it out, flipped it an dstuckit back in. I had to get the middle tail fin off adn turn it around so the main rotor wouldnt hit it. I flew the heli fro about 10 minutes probably crashing 10 times until the rear rotor hit a wall and broke a blade. I glued it together with tire glue and now it works decently. still hard as hell to fly, but thats part of the fun with micro helis, right?
Old 03-07-2008, 11:40 AM

grats.