Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
 Havoc Sub-Micro Tail Rotor Motor Wiring >

Havoc Sub-Micro Tail Rotor Motor Wiring

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Havoc Sub-Micro Tail Rotor Motor Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 08:10 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Havoc Sub-Micro Tail Rotor Motor Wiring

For those of you familiar with the tiny motor (about 11mm long) used on the Air Hogs Havoc/PiccoZ Micro Heli, I am trying to figure out the wiring and appreciate any help. I am a new to these little aircraft (a glow engine pilot) and am trying to repair the rotor on my son'd heli after the wire connections broke.

It appears that there are two (red and green/blue) fine, uninsulated wires running to the motors. These wires seem to contact each other during their run. How can that be?

Any suggestions on how to repair the broken wires? They are now too short to reach the motor.

Any help appeciated.

Cheers,

Andre
Old 09-09-2008, 10:53 PM

Default RE: Havoc Sub-Micro Tail Rotor Motor Wiring

The wires are coated with a lacquer type clear paint, just scrape off a little at the end and you can re soldier it. if it doesnt fly the first time try switching the wires around to reverse the direction of the motor.

Hope that helps
Old 09-10-2008, 12:05 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Andre,

As forsakenrider mentioned, the wire is lacquer coated, so the wires can actually touch without shorting. You can get wire like this at Radio Shack on a spool. Soldering this stuff can be a pain sometimes, but I've found that if you get a blob of solder on the tip of your soldering iron then just dip the end of the wire into the blob-o-solder, it'll melt away the laquer finish, and also tin the end of the wire at the same time. You could either trace the wires back to the RX board and replace them from there, or just splice/solder in some new wire to the broken wire to make it reach. Not sure if the RX board has changed since the first Picco/Havoc helis, but if not, this little diagram might help (wire color might be differant).

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99813.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	1030309  
Old 09-10-2008, 07:24 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks guys, that is exactly the information I needed! I'll give it a try and let you know.

Cheers,

Andre