Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

*** @ Horizon! Again!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *** @ Horizon! Again!

Ok - so most of you have probably read the last post regarding the Ember. About the repair cost.

I am so pissed at HH right now I cannot see straight. [:@]

When I first made that post, I had ordered the parts. They arrived, and like I said, I ordered the parts from HH directly, off the parts listing page for the Ember 2 (which is the one I have, not the regular Ember.)

Horizon shipped the Ember fuselage (PKZ3267) which is the one on the parts listing page.

The Servo/Rx unit will not fit into the little plastic housing plate because evidently the Ember 1 unit was considerably smaller. So I figured no big deal, I must have ordered or been shipped the wrong thing.

No, HH lists PKZ3267 [:@]. This, as stated above, is the Ember 1 Fuselage. So again, no big deal, I returned it, and got my money back.

So then, I order the bare fuselage that is listed as belonging specifically to the Ember 2, PKZ3467.

I just got the part from HobbyTown, (I special ordered it through them) and I am now unpacking it, it's the SAME FREAKING THING.

The HH box it came in says PKZ3467 not PKZ3267 but the mounting plate is the same.

However, the picture they show on HH.com for PKZ3267 (supposed to be for the Ember 1) has the correct mounting plate. But when I ordered that from them, it showed up with the old mounting plate.

Now I'm trying to figure out how in the hell I am going to actually get the one that I need since I've ordered both stock numbers, and twice received the wrong thing.

The one I have now is clearly the wrong part number, but it's in the Ember 2 fuse box from HH.

Going on a month now of not being able to fly because HH cannot seem to get me the right part.

I know I'm rambling about what amounts to nothing, but it's freaking irritating.

*rant off*

I'm gonna try to jerry rig this one with 5 minute epoxy, I guess, I'm sick of waiting a week every time something else goes wrong.

I'd almost be better off at this point to just buy another BNF Ember 2.

Stupid.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:52 PM

Default RE: *** @ Horizon! Again!

BZ, I have just experienced the same lack of cooperation from HH with my Ember2. When I spoke to the tech rep I had to explain several times that the fuselage was not the correct part for the Ember2 because the board does not fit. He said " Well, that 's the only part number we have for the Ember and Ember2." His recommendation was to break off the tab so it will fit. Nice. I asked for this issue to be escalated to development and that they contact me. I have heard nothing. I ended up repairing the wing struts with epoxy and wood and will return the $20 fuselage to my LHS that special ordered it for me.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:06 PM

Default RE: **** @ Horizon! Again!

Absolutely ridiculous.

They show the proper board mounting plate on HH.com under part number PKZ3267.

As I said before, I am not one to use homemade fabrications, I like factory fit and finish after something is crashed. But I'm sick of waiting.

Were you able to get it to work acceptably with the tabs clipped off?

EDIT: Nvm - just saw read that you were returning it.

I already tossed the correct one when the strut was unrepairable. Looks like I'm stuck now.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:22 PM

BZ, why don't you call HH and get a case number. I will call back to follow up on mine. If HH gets multiple complaints about the fuse they may take some action. I am surprised that I had the experience I did, I got a HZ Swift and had several issues with it and HH was quite cooperative and replaced it.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:46 PM

Get them gentleman. I'm willing to pay for the correct part, but shipping the wrong part when you order by part number is BS.

Tim

Here's a guy to talk to at horizon. http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...1&memid=418854

Tim
Old 01-29-2009, 12:02 AM

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Get them gentleman. I'm willing to pay for the correct part, but shipping the wrong part when you order by part number is BS.

Tim

Here's a guy to talk to at horizon. http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...1&memid=418854

Tim

That's the main reason I'm angry.

Someone intentionally or mistakenly put the Ember 1 Fuse in the Ember 2 fuse box. Either way - don't half-a** the order completion. If you don't have the right one, just leave it as "backordered."

It's just poor customer service as far as I'm concerned.

And they know full well that the parts are different. Saying "We only have one part number" is an obvious cop out, since they have two listed on a publicly accessible site.

Horizon seems to be doing their honest best to lose my business.

I will call tomorrow. Lets hope we can get a result.

I really feel that over the last 4-5 years I've dealt with Horizon they've developed a slow case of "King of the Mountain."

I've seen the customer no-service in regards to my LST2, and Parkzone products. Eflite side of the tech support has been stellar so far, hopefully that will not change.

4-5 years ago there were honestly not that many competitors with decent products. That's definitely not the case anymore.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:16 AM
My Feedback: (81)

Sounds like good old OFNA problems. They couldn't get a part or part# right to save their A!*

The guys that owned the local hobby shop used to say that OFNA stood for this;

OH F..... NOT AGAIN

When someone brought in an OFNA to get parts.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:57 PM

Called HH to follow up and had much better service this time. I explained the problem and the rep is sending me a gratis PKZ3467 and wants me to confirm that the correct part is shipping when I get it. I also noticed that the Horizon site was updated and no longer lists the PKZ3267 as the fuselage, it has been replaced with the PKZ3467. It seems someone has been working on the issue at Horizon. Hope that the one I get is the right version, I'll let you know.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:24 PM

BZ, I don't believe it but I got the part (PKZ3467) delivered today by FedEx and it is indeed the correct fuselage. An easy way to identify it is the Ember fuse has a brass cap on the prop gear and the Ember2 has the white plastic cap. My faith in Horizon is restored. Give them a call now that they have corrected the mistake.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:10 PM

Well, 6 months and my Ember 2 has died. I was flying it for about an hour this past Friday evening and it just quit in mid-flight. I played around with it to see if there was a bad wire or if the motor was shorting but I think it it is a chip or FET. At first it would come back after blanking out but now I just get two bright LED blinks and then about 6 quick blinks and repeats. Called Horizon and said I need a new ESC/Receiver - cost about 80% of what I paid for the whole thing.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:08 PM

FPK, I am assuming that you tried a new battery?  If it is still dead, look around for a brick.  $60 does seem pretty stout for the plane.  You could watch e-bay for people selling off a vapor or emeber that has been crashed.  But since I have bricks with lots of hours I really want you to try a battery first.  And the SU-26 is due in a matter of weeks now!!

Tim
Old 06-25-2009, 10:27 PM

FEF, I get the same results with both batterires and even tried the 110Mah from my mCx. I think that something has a cold solder joint or there is a marginal chip. I haven't done anything with it for a few days and when I plugged in the batttery it worked and I ran the motor for couple minutes and it started to sputter, then cut off and LED went off. Unplugged and replugged and the two blinks and then a number of other blinks. Wait a while and it comes back and you can repeat the results.