Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
picclo not flying right >

picclo not flying right

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

picclo not flying right

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default picclo not flying right

every time i get my picclo in the air it moves floward or left or right, instead of stay the same place in the air.

I have try to put it a few feet in the air but it still wants to fly accros the room.
Old 04-22-2003, 05:15 AM

Well first off you have to straighten every thing out then check out this site to get you started Pauls Piccolo site also dont forget that you must get out of the Ga:ground effect(rotor wash) before you can maintain a hover it will through your heli all around. And trim your tx. Good luck! Happy flying.

And if all that fails you can always just give your heli to me!!!

Matt
Old 04-22-2003, 05:20 AM

Here this is a better link to that page:Pauls site
Old 04-22-2003, 11:56 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Default Tadd

A piccolo is not gonna stay still. In a huge room perfectly trimmed you might get 3 seconds hands off time. I have mine perfectly trimmed and it takes a lot of input to keep somewhat still. Lots of fun.
Old 04-27-2003, 01:42 PM
My Feedback: (15)

Sounds like your heli may be way out of trim.....

First, make sure your heli balances according to the instructions...... ie, everything in place such as the battery and canopy, etc..... place your blades so that they're in line with the boom and then pick up your heli by the flybar (very close to the head).......raise off the table very slightly while watching the skids.... they should lift without tipping forward or backwards (neutral).....

If that is all set, turn on your equipment and set all your trims to neutral........Once the system initializes, check to see that the swash plate is perfectly level both fore and aft.....If it is not, MINOR adjustments can be made with the trims on the transmitter but other than minor, you'll have to make an adjustment at the servo arm (moving spline) or on the push rod itself....(check your manual)....