Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
 E-Flite T-34 owners, check your LG >

E-Flite T-34 owners, check your LG

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

E-Flite T-34 owners, check your LG

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 06:48 AM

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default E-Flite T-34 owners, check your LG

Last night my T-34 had a landing that for the most part may have resulted in a slightly bent main gear, instead the gear snapped right off at the bend at the wing. The plane is OK, but it limps on 2 legs now. I took the other main gear off and found it could also result in a snapped off gear. The bends have cracks in them.

Check your gears, if you see the bends have a sharp crease, replace them so you dont wind up with a broken landing gear and maybe a broken plane when it snaps off.<br type="_moz" />
Old 03-14-2012, 03:05 PM
My Feedback: (314)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Flite T-34 owners, check your LG

In the 70's, when I first started in this hobby, there was a great place called Ace Hobby. They dealt in all kinds of parts and useful tools. One of my purchases was a Breiten Wire bender. We did a lot of building then and it was useful to have something like this around. It would bend 3/16th wire into right angle bends and coils. I was never out of the air long if I broke a landing gear. Some of my flying buddies would come over with wire to be bent. I still have this bender and have yet to see something as good.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:15 PM

I searched the LHS and they dont have anything that can bend 5/32nd wire. I'll have to wing it old school with my large vise and dead blow.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:03 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember reading about wire benders on here before.  I know there are 2 places that make them, but can't remember their names.  Try a search.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:01 AM

It just now dawned on me that I have access to a press break.  DOH!