Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

ZDZ 60 help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 06:54 PM
My Feedback: (62)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ZDZ 60 help!!!

I crashed up my ZDZ 60 today and it looks like I need a new cylinder housing. It bent back the spark plug which stripped out the cylinder head housing threads. One of the cooling fins snapped off and one of the threaded bolt holes where the muffler bolt screws in broke in half. I am hoping that someone out there might have a used cylinder housing from a dead engine that they would be willing to part with. TBM sells them but they are very pricey and way more than I can afford right now. So, If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Jon
Old 08-28-2011, 06:24 PM
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: ZDZ 60 help!!!

I think AMR in Canada is a dealer. Maybe he can do you better than TBM.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:40 PM
My Feedback: (202)

Default RE: ZDZ 60 help!!!

Sounds like a lot of damage to the block and head. You might be better off to keep or sell your current engine for parts. The stripped plug threads are easily fixed and the remaining mount lugs are better removed and the backplate machined on a lathe and a replacement "ring" welded in their place. A friend of mine has a welding tank and TIG welds my parts submersed under water to avoid any distortion. The broken exhaust ear is a bad indicator of bigger problems and often results in a distorted cylinder wall and bore. Since these are a non-sleeved engine the head ( jug ) is very questionable with the fully broken exhaust ear. All you have left is basically the guts of the engine, the carb, and ignition. The concentricity ( T.I.R. ) of the crankshaft should also be checked if you hit that hard. Anything over .002" of total indicated run-out ( T.I.R.) is unacceptable.

I have quite a few parts for your engine but unfortunately no heads or crankcases. I usually buy the damaged ones and have them welded and machine them myself if possible but I don't think you will want to pay the price for all that comparred to buying another good used ZDZ 60. I have a ZDZ 60 RV-L sitting on the shelf with only 6 hours of run time. PM me if interested.