Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Seagull bipe w/26cc rcgf

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 01:16 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seagull bipe w/26cc rcgf

Hello all.... I recently bought a "new to me" Seagull bipe (90 size) that is powered by a 26cc rcgf. The electronics are powered by a 2 cell 2200mah lipo. My question is, is that battery enough to do what it needs to? How will I know it's enough (or not enough)? I'm new to gasoline powered birds and don't want to screw this thing up! It's so pretty right now! I haven't even started it up yet cause I'm waiting on my new lipo charger to arrive so I can do this the right way. Any help would be nice! Thanks!
Old 09-05-2011, 08:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Seagull bipe w/26cc rcgf

The RCGF 26 ignition I have will accept 4.8v or 6v power. Does your set up have the do-dad that reduces the lipo's 7.2v to the acceptable power range? It sounds to me that you are stating that the one battery is powering both the ignition for the engine and the Rx in the plane. My personal preference would be to have those powered by seperate batteries. I'm sure the 2200 Mah Lipo can support the requirements for this plane but I would be checking the voltage after every flight to keep track of the drain as I have never tried this configuration myself.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:09 AM

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: Seagull bipe w/26cc rcgf

That capacity battery will do quite nicely for your setup, however if you plan on using it to power both Rx and the ignition you should regulate the power to the ignition to a max of 5.5 volts. For safety's sake I much prefer using a seperate 4.8 volt battery for ignitions.

Karol