Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

TT 1.20 questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 02:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT 1.20 questions

I looking for something to power a large spad. It has a 1200 square inch wing, 80" span, 48" fuse. With a 1.20 it would weigh right around 11 lbs, maybe 11.5 lbs. I would like solid aerobatic capability and good vertical (though unlimited vertical is not a necessity). Is the 1.20 good for the job? Also, can someone tell me how long, say, a 16 oz. tank would last on an engine this size. I'd like to know how much more I'll need to be spending on glow. Also, I have a couple 16X8 props hanging around, are they a good choice? Thanks.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THe TT 1.20 is an excellent choice. It will indeed give unlimited vertical if the plane is only 11 pounds.

I had a tt 1.20 on an 11 pound Edge and I could only use full trottle in vertical lines, and then it was not needed. Good choice.

Fuel? If you fly at full throttle all the time it will burn about 1.5 oz. per minute, but if you manage the throttle you can get a lot more time.

TF
Old 05-29-2003, 02:51 PM

Thanks, seems this engine doesn't burn hardly any more fuel than a .75 . 1.5 oz. a minute sounds pretty good. It also seems like the best deal going, even the GMS 1.20 comes out a tad more expensive once you factor in the muffler you have to buy, the TT comes with one.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:53 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Good Day FrankC

I agree, you will not be disappointed with the Thunder Tiger 120, between me and anther fella in the club we have put over 400 flights on one. 16 oz tank is lots for 10-12 minutes. Vertical is great on 10 to 11 lbs. Flew it on a 10lb Extra 230, could hover and climb out with authority. Stall turn to knife edge no troubles. It's on a 120 size Balsanova right now and flys the wings off that.

PS: Could I trouble you for a look at the SPAD you are building. I have an OS120 (old one) I would like to put on one.

Thanks in advacne, and good luck.

Riverdancer