Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE 30 TUNING

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DLE 30 TUNING

Hi all. I am running the DLE-30 in my new Pilot RC 26% Extra 260. I have about 5 tanks through the engine on the ground, and 3 in the air.

It runs well on the ground. Transition is smooth from idle to max.

In the air, it sounds a little bubbly, and it died on me when I was powering up after a touch and go. I had to set it down quickly!

I am running a XOAR 18X8 with NGK plug, JTEC PITTS muffler, 32:1 fuel. Is there a gas engine tuning guide somewhere?

I am new to gasoloine engines (first one), and it is certainly different from glow tuning. Please help.

I am a fairly new pilot, and I need to have all of the confidence I can get in the air. Thanks

PILOT RC EXTRA 260 26%
XOAR 18X8
42% ZEUS V2 BATTERY ELIMINATOR
DUAL 2S 2100MAH A123 (WITH BATTERY BACKER SYSTEM)
POWER HD 9150 SERVOS
IGNITION AT 5V
Old 06-01-2010, 08:53 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: DLE 30 TUNING

Get rid of the Zeus and try again.

That thing cause me problems. I thought it was the carb but no. the zeus began to fail.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:59 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are gas engine tuning guides everywhere. with one of them a sticky on the opening page of this forum. It is much to write again so please try a search sujng "gas engine tuning" as keywords. Your engine is set rich.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a link to a good tuning guide (I think):

http://indianatinygasengines.com/page3.aspx

Good luck, welcome to RC and Gassers.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:39 AM

Seal!

Just GOOGLE TUNNING WALBRO CARBS and you will get all kinds of info.

Also there is also another web site to down load instructions on tunning these gas engines somewere here on RC Universe.

I am trying to find that thread and will post it when I find it.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

or:
http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&rl...BS&spell=1
Old 06-01-2010, 02:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Of casual interest is people buying and flying a product without first researching who they are used and operated....... That is not directed at a particular individual, but the hobby population as a whole. it would explain a great many issues people report having with various products.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

Of casual interest is people buying and flying a product without first researching who they are used and operated....... That is not directed at a particular individual, but the hobby population as a whole. it would explain a great many issues people report having with various products.
Hard to believe.Had a flier call last Fri,said they had cranked or there new Hobby King engine for three weeks and never had a pop.First question does it have a spark?No it does not.What do you do.He is sending engine to us.
This is what makes me Grumpy.
bcchi
Old 06-01-2010, 11:10 PM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm too lazy to flip one 10 flips let alone 3 weeks
Old 06-02-2010, 02:51 AM

There are gas engine tuning guides everywhere. with one of them a sticky on the opening page of this forum. It is much to write again so please try a search sujng ''gas engine tuning'' as keywords. Your engine is set rich.
Thanks. I think I need to do the float diaphragm cover mod. sounds like my problem.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:53 AM

ORIGINAL: spaceworm

Here is a link to a good tuning guide (I think):

http://indianatinygasengines.com/page3.aspx

Good luck, welcome to RC and Gassers.
Thank You. RCU forum rocks! I can never get replies on FG forum. Maybe everyone is just PROS there.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:57 AM

Thanks, I feel better now... I am a military guy living overseas right now. Unfortunitely, I barely have enough time to get to the field for an hour or two on a weekend, let alone scour the net for info all day. I DO appreciate you guys in the forums. You have all been a-lot of help.[8D] Thanks
Old 06-02-2010, 02:59 AM

ORIGINAL: DG40

Get rid of the Zeus and try again.

That thing cause me problems. I thought it was the carb but no. the zeus began to fail.
I got lucky, and got the Version 2 Zeus from the start. No problems at all. I did hear about guys having troublems with the first batch though.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:25 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Got a new DLE 30. Maiden at factory recommended settings for Hi and Low setting. Great engine runs. 2nd time out engine would loose rpm on vertical upline. My careless I did an avananche and engine died in the snap at the top of the inside loop. On the ground engine will always cut out when I hold plane vertical. Tried several combo of changes to Hi and Lo carbs without any success. Beginning to think something is happening in the tank. Never had this problem after one flight. Before I hassle with getting to and removing tank for dis-assembly and re-asassembly anybody have any suggestions?
Russ
Old 06-27-2010, 07:10 PM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The engine is too lean on the top end

Forget the factory settings and tune your needles
Old 06-27-2010, 07:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try Google search
&lt;script type="text/javascript">titleAndStar(5,100,0,false,"","")</script&gt;

Old 06-29-2010, 09:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<hr />
ORIGINAL: bassrussx4

Got a new DLE 30. Maiden at factory recommended settings for Hi and Low setting. Great engine runs. 2nd time out engine would loose rpm on vertical upline. My careless I did an avananche and engine died in the snap at the top of the inside loop. On the ground engine will always cut out when I hold plane vertical. Tried several combo of changes to Hi and Lo carbs without any success. Beginning to think something is happening in the tank. Never had this problem after one flight. Before I hassle with getting to and removing tank for dis-assembly and re-asassembly anybody have any suggestions?
Russ
<hr />If when holding the airplane verticle and the engine quits....its because when new the fuel draw is not too good yet. Your engine needs more break in....stay away from strait up flight untill it gets broke in more! Capt,n