Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

BT50SA out of ideas!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 07:05 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BT50SA out of ideas!

Hi all you Fuji 50 owners, I need help with my 50sa which purchased off RCU.I will get right to the
point, it is the hardest engine to start i have ever worked on, and when it does run, its darn near impossible
to adjust it so its trustworthy to use in a nice airframe. What i have done to correct its problems are as
follows, new piston and rings, new crank bearings and seals,new rist pin bearings, new isulator block, new carb
kit, good cleaning, new gaskets, new spark plug, regap mag with playing card, breakin with 32x1 mix now on 40:1.
adjusted carb lever with walbro tool. Am i missing somthing, maybe in carb? never did popoff test or had check valves out
could that bean issue?I am not using a elect starter,only hand cranking my starter will not crank it.What starter do i need
i hope not one of those 300$ ones. The carb does not have a choke,should i go to new carb? Is the motor worth it?
Thought i had it going good, but when i shut it down to check plug, same old problem, would not start, but seemed
to be wetting the plug some enough to at least get a pop. Any help would be welcome

Remember fly three mistakes high
operator88 Gp wagstaff, world model zero, four star!