Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

getting the Exhaust out!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2021, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting the Exhaust out!

Hey Folks: So here's the deal: OS FS95V within a large cowl (Tiger Moth). Obviously don't want to remove cowl and need to run exhaust out. Started with the idea I'd run an OS flexible exhaust pipe out and attach to muffler, but apparently this is not as easy as it sounds. FS95 has an 11mm exhaust port (female), and the muffler that came with the FS95 also has an 11mm female opening. Should be easy enough, right? Well, apparently, according to the NA distributor for OS products, Horizon (which was NO help), there is no product (flexible pipe) with male 11mm on both ends. OK, so let's talk adaptors. I have two flexible pipes: one has the requisite 11mm male on one end, and a 14mm male on the other. Again, apparently, according to Horizon, no adaptor exists to go from 14 male down to 11 female. OK, so I also have a flex pipe with 10mm males on both ends. And guess what? Yup, "no adaptors exist for it" (Horizon). Argh! I could really use some guidance here! I'm not sure what folks usually do at the end of such flex pipes, but I do need the vacuum from the muffler for my engine/fuel. Any help very appreciated!
Old 02-03-2021, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me again: hold those replys: I think I may have found the item I seek! OS lists a flex pipe on their website, an "1111A" which I think may be just the ticket! Thank you!