Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

after run clean up

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default after run clean up

Do I need to do anything to my truck after I run it? I heard I have to put a solution in the motor because the nitro is corrosive. Thanks for any advice.

Jim
Old 12-22-2004, 08:02 PM

Default RE: after run clean up

If you don't plan on running it again for awhile (week or more), put a couple drops of after-run oil in the engine and carb, then turn the engine over a few times. Otherwise, you should be good.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:15 PM

well i have herd of the stock engine going at or aroung 4 to 5 gallons, i have six through mine and it has never seen after run oil.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:48 AM

Thanks, I'll pick some up just in case it does sit for a while. Though it's not likely. I don't have the truck yet, but my wife let it leak that I'm getting a Savage 25 for Christmas! Any additional advice from anyone regarding break-in beyond the instruction manual? It's my first Nitro. Thanks in advance, Jim.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:51 PM

i broke my 25 engine in over the course of 9 tanks of gas..I know everyone will say too many but let me say that i have no problem yanking the front end off the ground & no other problems with it since it was new..
Old 12-24-2004, 10:23 AM
neb

Just run in the truck to the manuel. Im always told and hearing that. If you do not have any after-run you can also use WD-40. You spray some in the carb, then in the chamber and turn over the engine with the starter for 10 seconds. You repeat this twice more and the engine is left spotless with no nitro and it protected against water corrision. Have fun with your truck on christmas